𓆗 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞 - 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞

"Uncle!" Cried out the pair's three year old nephew, Rhys, from the guest room

Lorenzo poked his head into the room, clad only in his shorts. He looked irritated. "What is it?" He sighed, exasperated.

Rhys pointed to the closet. "Can you close that door? I saw a monster". He whispered, frightened.

Lorenzo's reply was impulsive, "What makes you think monsters can't open doors?"

                                       • • • • •

Rhys now lays in his aunt and uncle's bed, nestled between them. Lorenzo snorted quietly, "I shouldn't have asked that."

She tried to hold back a laugh. "No, you shouldn't have. But c'mon, how can you say no to that face?" She fought the urge to pinch her sleeping nephew's cheeks.

He sighed and shook his head, a tiny smile on his face. He ran an hand absentmindedly through his brown hair, "I swear, I'm going to be grey before he turns ten at this rate." He smiled down at her, "Don't tell me you've fallen for those baby blues as well."

"How could you not? I adore him." She pulled herself and Rhys towards Lorenzo gently as she moved the blanket to her nephew's chin, tucking him in slightly.

He snorted, "Yeah? Try raising the little bugger for a week. You'll be singing a different tune."

She looked up into her boyfriend's eyes and laughed quietly. "Oh, you love it."

"I love you." He confessed. "More than you'll ever know." Lorenzo always had a weakness for his girlfriend and nephew, but he tried not to show it. He wanted to been seen as tough, but at times like these, he couldn't help but be soft.

A light pink color covered her cheeks quickly, she would never get tired of him speaking those words. "I love you too."

Lorenzo smiled softly, "I love you most." He whispered as he gestured for her to lay her head on his chest. "Now get some sleep, my dear."

She gave him one last look as her hand ran his hair lovingly, or so he thought, before plucking a single hair out of his hand. "My dear, I think you're already grey." She contained her giggles as she pretended to examine the hair in her fingers.

He gave her a look that was somewhere between annoyance and disgust, "I'm only 24, I shouldn't have any grey hairs. I blame you."

She scrunched up her nose in amusement and gave his cheek a quick kiss, muttering "old man" into his skin.

He rolled his eyes, "You're just jealous because I'm still hot. Now get some sleep." He pulled her head gently to his chest, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

He kissed the top of her head gently, "Goodnight."