𓆗 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞 - 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

Lorenzo's accusation rang through the air, laced with indignation

Lorenzo's accusation rang through the air, laced with indignation. "This is your fault. You distracted me by smiling throughout the whole exam! And by letting me make moves during revision!" His pale, comely hand brushed back loose strands of brown hair before he dramatically dropped his exam on her desk.

Pointing an accusing finger at the overall results — 97% displayed proudly — he scowled. "Second! Second, only!" He shook his head in apparent distress, making a little hand gesture to emphasize his exasperation with the situation. The melodramatic display hinted at the competitive nature beneath Lorenzo's usually composed exterior.

She giggled to herself at his dramatics, picking up the exam to look at it better. "Dear, you still passed" She on the other hand only received a 83%.

"I still passed, yes", he grumbled, crossing his arms. "But this is unacceptable!" He scoffed "You, on the other hand", he continued, looking down at her overall result. His eyebrows raised in surprise. "I didn't expect you to get 83%." Without looking up, he continued, "I thought you were smarter than that."

She frowned. "83% is the best grade I have ever received in this class, I'm pretty proud." She shrugged before leaning back against the black desk chair.

He huffed. "Well, you shouldn't be", he replied, his tone curt.

Seeing her lean against the chair, he glared at her, his brows furrowed together. "I thought you were at least somewhat smart", he continued, "but seeing these results.." He glanced down again. "I guess I was mistaken."

She gasped dramatically. "It's a B!" She exclaimed, leaning forward and picking up the paper, flapping it in the air. "100% isn't everything."

"It is to me." Lorenzo replied curtly. "I thought that you had the potential to get good grades, but your results", he gestured to the paper again, "are lackluster at best." His expression turned stoic, a hint of amusement flickering in his eyes.

She narrowed her eyes into slits. "Sorry, father. I'll do better." She spoke, sarcasm dripping off her tongue as she slammed the paper back down on the desk.

His eyes widened as she spoke, surprised by her sudden display of sarcasm. He watched her slam the paper down on the desk, his brows furrowed, his expression unreadable.

A small smirk crossed his lips, but he quickly got back into character, shaking his head. "..Father?" He repeated, his voice incredulous. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Oh right, daddy." A smirk replacing her previous frown.

His eyes rolled at her reply. "You are insufferable", he muttered under his breath, shifting in the way he stood.

".. Your lack of effort is truly disappointing", he continued, trying to stay in character. "If this keeps up, I'll be forced to punish you."

She sucked her bottom lip in and thought for a moment. "Guess I'll have to, I like your punishments." She winked.