𓆗 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞 - 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝

Late in the stillness of the night, around four o'clock, the girl was roused from her slumber by a chorus of frantic yells

Late in the stillness of the night, around four o'clock, the girl was roused from her slumber by a chorus of frantic yells. Her eyes forced open and landed on the empty bedsheets beside her.

The duvet had been flung to her side, enveloping her, and her husband Lorenzo was not on his side of the bed.

A sinewy, lean figure paced back and forth rapidly; the lights switched on, and she recognised a panicked Lorenzo.

Clearing his throat, he stated worriedly, "I can't find my bloody wedding ring."

She blinked her eyes rapidly from the sudden change from darkness to light. "Lorenzo, do you even know what time it is?"

Lorenzo ignored her question, his franticness mounting. Unconsciously, he had begun to pace back and forth, casting distressed glances all around. Suddenly, he abruptly halted and clenched his fist, a look of despair etching his features.

"I'm lost, Makenzie. Everything is utterly hopeless." Lorenzo looked up, his gaze meeting hers, the raw pain exposed in his expressive eyes.

Her lips turned to a frown as she watched him. "Come here and sit for a moment. You aren't helping yourself worrying like that?" She sat herself up against the headboard and patted the spot beside her.

His gaze shifted towards her, still fraught with anxiety. With a trembling voice, he acknowledged her gesture, contemplating his options. Eventually, he acquiesced with a reluctant sigh, walking over and taking a seat beside you. His entire being radiated apprehension, his eyes darting around the room in search of something.

She wrapped her arm tiredly around his back, her eyes locked on his figure. "Now tell me what's wrong."

"There's a lot on my mind." He glanced towards her, his features painted with exhaustion. Regulus sighed deeply, a weariness in his voice. "I've got a big meeting tomorrow, and I don't think I'm ready. Everything depends on this meeting."

She nodded, now understanding what he was talking about. "You got this, you'll win them over." She leaned over him for a moment, grabbing something from his nightstand before grabbing his hand and slipping back on his wrong. "You forgot you took it off before bed."

He blinked in surprise, a look of confusion crossing over his face as he realized she had found the ring in his nightstand. An abashed expression swept over him as he slipped the ring onto his finger, an unbridled grin spread across his features.

He pulled her in closer, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "How did you know it was in the nightstand?" he asked, his tone playfully accusatory.

"I watched you place it there silly."

Lorenzo's eyes widened in shock, a wave of embarrassment washing over him. "You.. saw?" he stammered. His cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as he looked at her. "And you let me carry on like that?"

"I'm sorry but you did just wake me up, it is four in the morning." She laughed softly to herself.

He chuckled at her remark, a flicker of amusement playing on his lips. "I suppose I was so caught up in the panic that I temporarily forgot how time works," he confessed, a self-deprecating undertone in his voice.

"Let's get you to bed. You need the rest." She started to pull the covers over his body before getting up to turn off the light.

Lorenzo nodded, feeling a rush of drowsiness now that the anxiety had subsided. He burrowed himself under the covers, a surge of exhaustion hitting him as he settled into bed.

She returned to the bed, pulling him close as she rubbed his back. "Goodnight my love."

He smiled warmly, appreciating the affection, leaning back into her touch. "Goodnight." With a content sigh, he relaxed, feeling a sense of peace wash over him.