• Chapter 28 • Photoshoot

I'm sorry for the late update guys
___________________________________________

Alana's POV (Edited)

It was the most uncomfortable drive I ever experienced. There was no noise in the closed environment of the car. Christian's focused was on the road ahead. When he told me that Aunt Tabitha wanted me to click their photos for the official engagement announcement. I kind of zoned out.

I didn't understand the words spoken by him for a while. If not he called my name and repeated the sentence that I realized what he was saying. I wanted to say no. I don't want to put myself through misery. I don't want to hear the shattering of my heart once again. I don't have the energy to witness another reason why I can't have him anymore?

Why he's forbidden to me? But can I refuse? I could actually. But it would only be suspicious. Knowing aunt Tabitha, she could create a havoc on this. She would demand me answers to the questions I don't have the answers to. She won't stop until she knew the reason. I have zero tolerance for another argument or drama.

So, with a heavy heart I agreed. It might be better for me to face it. Knowing that Sofia and Christian were finally taking things serious, it will give me motivation to move on. No matter how hard it would be. But I can't possible have my cousin's soon to be husband. He was long gone out of my reach.

I always thought that being with Christian will be a rocky way. I thought of getting my heart broken but I never thought it would be this early. But maybe, it's a sign. A sign that we both aren't meant for each other. That we're better off like acquaintances.

The slow halting of the car brought me out of my supposed thoughts. I looked up from the window to found that we have reached our destination. My heart started to beat louder. Aunt Tabitha wanted to click pictures in the house itself. I don't know how much time will it take. But I'll try to wrap it as soon as possible.

I was about to get out of the car when Christian's voice stopped me

"Alana, wait."

I halted but didn't look at him. My stance would broke looking at him. He's such a egnima. I remained stilled to my place. I could hear him taking heavy breaths.

"We won't have to do it if you are uncomfortable."

I turned to look at him. His eyes a deep sea of anxiousness. I just shook my head and answered

"It ok. I have no issue."

He doesn't seem to like it because his face contorted into irritation and he asked

"So, you would be comfortable in clicking photos of me and Sofia? Would you be comfortable seeing her getting all closed up with me? Would you be ok if she kisses my cheek or I kissed her?"

All his words were like a dagger to my heart. If he's trying to hurt me then he's succeeding. My eyes burned with unshed tears but I refused to cry. I shouldn't cry. I wasn't at the wrong.

"Yeah, I won't have any issues because you both are getting married. I have to see you two together for the rest of my life so why not start with today? I'm sure it would give me the inclination that we're over. That you can never be mine. So, pardon me if I don't act like a broken teenager crying in a corner."

I opened the door and stepped out of the car. I slammed the door shut and headed towards the main door. Without waiting for Christian's reply. I took a long breath and cooled my expressions before I knocked on the door.

~~~~

The door opened and there stood Sofia. She was dressed in a black knee length dress. Her brunette hairs tied up in half and she wore diamond jewelery to cover up. Over all, she looked all ready for the photoshoot.