• Chapter 11 • Journey

Hey, here's the new update everyone
___________________________________________

Christian's POV (Edited)

Few days passed in all hussel bustle of the trip. The team formed planned a blue print and an initial layout for the project. Kudos to Alana who managed to handle everything easily. She made it seemed like a piece of cake. She doesn't even bat an eye and did her best.

I may haven't appreciated her enough but I do. She's the perfect assistant anyone could ever ask for. She even managed to handle my grumpy moods and stone cold attitude. Dmitri had been at my throat. He's trying his best to take control over the company. He's trying his best level best to fume me.

I had to leave that day because Dmiriti was trying to talk with Raymond. Thank God I had an insider in his company who immediately informed me. I managed to corner him just minutes before he could meet Raymond. I warned him or somewhat threatened him and he backed away.

But I knew he would not let it slide. He would try his level best to enter the company again. And I would stop at nothing to stop him.

"So, all packed?"

Aaron strolled inside through the front door of my penthouse like it's his house. I suddenly regretted telling him the pass code.

"What are you doing here?"

He slumped down at the sofa before grabbing the packet of chips from the table. Don't judge me. I do like to eat chips. He smirked before he spoke again

"C'mon, you hurt me, Christian."

I rolled my eyes

"Cut the crap, Atkinson!"

He laughed before munching on the chips again. He just returned after vacationing for a whole month. Anastasia is now at her third trimester and soon after she wouldn't be allowed to travel. So, they decided to have a vacation before she was restricted to travel.

"So, how long will be the trip?"

He asked. His eyes clashed with me before I slumped down at the sofa beside him. I stole a bunch of chips before munching at it.

"It's a month long trip. I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

He hummed in response before speaking again

"I can handle your company in your absence."

I nodded my head. If there's anyone I trust to look after my company after me, then it's him. I know he won't disappoint me.

"I would be thankful."

He laughed before my phone buzzed. Checking it,I found Alana's message. She was asking for any further thing I needed for packing. She was at the office right now. I took a day off because I needed to handle the other stuff. She's packing some important documents from office before leaving tomorrow.

"Do you want anything else?"

Her message said. I thought for a few while before I typed

"If you have gotten everything than come to my penthouse. We need to discuss some work."

As I send the message, a weird feeling erupted in my chest. I don't know why but having Alana at my house feel weird. An alien feeling constrict my heart. I didn't let it show because then Aaron would not let me see the end of the day. So, I cooled my expression before facing him again.

But I may have been too late because I found Aaron smirking in my direction. Oh. There we go!

"What!"