Percy Jackson

~Tanya Black's POV~

I heard a knock on the door and someone opening it. I ran down the stars seeing two familiar boys at the front porch of the house.

They were talking and they still haven't seen me so I got a good look at them even thou I'm pretty sure I knew them well. One of them was Percy Jackson - my brother's best friend. His hair was a dark brown color unlike his eyes which were the most beautiful sea green I've ever seen. A jacket was hung over his shoulder revealing an orange T-shirt. He was nineteen, a whole three years older than me.

The other boy was my brother, Anthony Black or Tony for short. His hair was a white gray color just like mine. Our eyes were also similar - bright blue with a hint of brown and sometimes black. Thou that wasn't where similarity stopped. Both of us liked wearing dark clothes. He absolutely adored his black leather jacket and I loved my dark blue hoodie.

"Tan, are you coming?"

I blinked as I heard my brother's voice and saw his hand waving in front my face.

"Out of my face." I commanded with faked anger and he just smiled.

"Good morning, little one." I heard Percy from behind.

"Five years, Percy," I growled in frustration, "Get over it!"

He also smiled down at me with that goofy grin of his. "Fine, fine. I'm sorry."

Percy and Anthony were much like each other and that's why they were probably best friends. They both liked smiling and had the same interests. Well, summer vacation was one of them.

"Dude, dude, can you believe it?!" My brother started and I sighed.

It has started. I thought.

"I know, man," Percy joined in as we were already on our way to school, "Once today's over we are free!"

I stopped immediately to which both of the boys turned to look at me. "Bro, did you lock the door?"

Anthony laughed nervously and sighed too. "No. I'm still getting used to living in a house with only the two of us."

I looked down at the ground only to remember where we used to be before.

A couple of months ago, Tony turned eighteen. Now that he was all grown up he was able to find a cheap house that we could rent. We hadn't spent that much all this years and that's why our house was literally tiny. It had two rooms and a bathroom. The kitchen was really small. Right next to it there was one couch and a TV which I guess was our living room. A couple of meters back there was our bedroom which was a bed and a desk. A shower and a toilet with a tiny sink summed up the bathroom. That was all there was to it.

We lived alone. My brother always told me that he didn't remeber our parents either which was strange to me since he was four years older. We didn't talk much about them and neither of us asked any questions. No, we were focused on surviving on our own. My brother did most of the work thou.

"-so it's really cool. I think you'll like it."

"Probably. If you like it that much... Tan, what do you think? Tan..."

He didn't receive a response even thou I heard him words. I was too deep in thought and wasn't in the mood for talking.

"Tanya Black, if you don't answer me this instant-" He started again but I stopped him gesturing with my hand.

"I'm here. What're you talking about?" I asked as if I hadn't been right next to them this whole time.

"Percy wants us to join some kind of camp."

I looked at the older boy in confusion. "What camp?"

"A summer camp. It's for...well, special kids like you. The best part is that it's compleatly free. You don't pay anything but you learn a lot of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" Tony asked.

"Um...most will be history...ancient history." Percy said unsure.

"We'll think about it." My brother announced with a cheerful smile before I could protest.

"Glad to hear that, man. It'll be a lot more fun with you around."

"Definitely." I murmured.