It was all because of a five-letter sentence that came from him.

"I can not marry you." Lev answered as he stood up from the floor as my heart dropped to my feet and everything around me had become still.

My eyes drifted to the two large suitcases on the floor beside him as he seemed to have finished packing because his closet was empty.

He had been standing on his side of the closet where all of his suits, pants, clothes were stored, but now most of them were gone as he had put them inside the two large suitcases.

Many thoughts crossed my mind at that moment.

Where was he going?

Is he going on another business trip?

Why is his closet empty, and why are the suitcases stuffed with his clothes?

"Are the suitcases for you and me? Are we going somewhere?" I asked him, but he did not answer me as his gaze had grown cold. 

"Why can't you marry me?" I sought answers from him as my eyes focused on the two suitcases beside him, at the same time frantically attempting to not panic or break down in front of him.

I was holding onto the smallest strings of hope, as I didn't want to admit to myself of a dark thought that hovered in the back of my mind.

The dark thought that he was leaving me, since he had never taken two large suitcases before, not even on his business trips. 

He always packed a small bag of three suits and that was enough for him, he never had to pack this much.

He was not leaving me, right?

I glanced at the side of my closet that was opposite to his, but my clothes were still tucked away, all of my maternity pants, dresses, coats, shoes, accessories, underwear, everything was in place and nothing had been taken away.

He was leaving me.

I lay a hand on the wall next to me, or else I would crumble to the floor and fall apart.

"I have unfinished business, but I promise I will explain when I come back before the birth of the twins." He shortly gives me an explanation as he checks the watch on his wrist, and he seems to be in a hurry.

"How can you leave now?" My voice came out as a mere whisper because if I were to speak loudly enough, I would break apart.

"Give me time, Rose. All I need is a few weeks." He says, but he does not sound like himself.

I began to wonder who was this stranger in front of me?

"Why do you have to leave now? The babies could come at any moment." I urge an answer from him because I was done with his lies, it was lie after lie.

He wasn't the man I had made up in my mind, he was different, he had his own issues, pain and challenges as he was a human with flaws, but in my mind I made him perfect, flawless. 

That was how much I had idealized him in my mind while I looked up at him because I didn't have any other people to look up at, he was the only adult who showed care and love for me. 

My father was fucked in the head. 

My mother never showed me an ounce of affection, she was either angry or cold towards me, there was no in-between. 

My brothers did not have the capacity to take care of me because they didn't even know how to take care of themselves. 

"Where are you going? Why can't you tell me?" I tried to force an answer out of him.