20. Boys all around

"So, he might die?" I asked with panic written all over my face.

Without him, I'm nothing.

"Yes, but it's 50/50." The doctor named Dr. Evans answered. I covered my mouth with my hand, there's a 50% chance that he dies. I took a deep breath and looked at Jason. "When a person is in coma, it's just as big chance for him to wake up as it is for him to die."

What if he dies? Will I even be able to continue my life as nothing happened again? I sighed and laid my eyes on Jason, he looked so broken. His lips was blue from last night, he was still cold. The water was probably ice-cold. I laid my hand in his, I squeezed it and kissed it. This precious one can't die, he is so strong.

"The chances of him waking up is big, because he moved a little bit a few times and that's a good sign." Dr. Evans explained as a small smile was painted on his bright pink lips.

"Thank you Dr. Evans. I appreciate that you take care of him, and please continue with doing it well." I said and bend over to Jason to kiss his forehead.

"No problem, it's my job." He replied and smiled. I nodded my head. I couldn't believe Jason was in coma... I stood up from my chair and walked out the door. I went directly home to go to sleep. Everything was a mess, it had been a long day.

-Next day-

It was English class, and I was going to do a presentation in front of the whole class. I was pretty nervous as usual. I've did it one time before, and it was about love, now it is about friendships.

"Ms. Jenner," the teachers voice sank into my ears. I nodded my head and stood up, I putted my papers against my chest. "Your turn," she continued. I walked up to the front desk and swallowed hard, I hoped everything would go well.

The teacher nodded her head as a sign for me to start.

"So friendship, is kind of complicated. It's fri(end), so there will always be an end. If not, then it is a real friendship. Friends comes and goes," I started but immediately stopped. I gulped and tried to continue again. "Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between two or more people, a world happiness database study found that people with strong and close friendships are happier."

"Very good Chloe, do you have more to tell?" Ms. Ann asked in a polite voice.

"No, Ms. Ann." I told her and sat down on my chair. In the corner of my eye I saw William smiling at me, I smiled back at him.

"Okay, you did well Chloe!" She said and sent me a smile. I mumbled 'thank you' back at her.

-After school-

"So, what are you doing after school then?" William asked me.

"Oh, actually nothing. And you?" I asked.

"Nothing, so you wanna hang out maybe?" he asked me and ran a hand through his bright blonde hair.

"Why not?" I laughed and suddenly I felt his hand touch mine, I immediately pulled away because he is definitely not my type.

"Let's chill at my home," he laughed. William was that type of guy who was tiny and he was very short. He don't have as many muscles as Jason has, he isn't even cool but he has a sweet heart, which Jason only has sometimes.

"How are we going to get there?" I asked him and let go of his hand.

"Let's take my motorbike." He answered. We walked over to his Vespa, he sat down and patted the small spot behind him. "Come and sit here," he told me and continued to pat it. I nodded my head and sat down. "Hold me around my stomach tight, okay?" He said.

"Okay," I answered. He started driving but very slow, he wasn't that type of guy who drove in full speed on a 30 way. After arriving at his home, my phone went off. It was an unfamiliar number.

"Who is this?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows even though the person couldn't see it.

"We are calling from the hospital," I heard a guy say through the phone. My heart skipped a beat.

"Yes, so what?" I said. My hands started shaking, or actually my whole body. What if Jason was dead?

"Jason is barely making it, please come to the hospital as soon as possible." The boy said and hung up, he just hung up without me even saying something, I couldn't even flash. I covered my mouth, what if he wouldn't make it?

"I really have to go now, sorry but we can hang out another day, like tomorrow or something?" I told him and quickly swung on my cardigan around me.

"What's happening? Why can't you hang out with me instead of doing the thing you're going to do right now?" He asked. He sounded so silly, I didn't have time for his garbage right now.

"I don't have time for this, okay? Please just drive me to the hospital!" I told him.

"Well, sure." He said. He sounded so pissed, but all that mattered at the moment was that Jason was going to make it.

As I arrived at the hospital I ran in to the hospital barely without saying goodbye to William. I walked over to the reception as fast as possible. Everything in there was white.

"I'm looking for Jason McCann," was all I said, I didn't bother to even say 'hi'. I was so stressed. The lady nodded her head and scrolled through her computer.

"Room 126, floor 2," she answered and sent me a smile.

"Thank you," I said and nodded my head. I sent her a small smile and quickly ran up to the room he was in. He was in room 126 before, but I was too stressed to remember it.

I knocked on the door three times, no answer. I knocked again a few times, no answer. It was so hot in the hospital...

"Who are you looking for?" Someone said behind me.

"Eh, uh... McCann, Jason McCann." I told him with a pleasant but still unsure smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry to say this but-," my vision started to get blurry, and my heart started to beat a lot faster. This just couldn't happen...

-

Cliffhanger again. Please vote if you like my story, it means a lot when y'all vote! <3