e l e v e n

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Blue, even though, was a symbol of serenity and calmness for some people, represented something deeper at least for me, that transcended mere aesthetics

For some people, it was just a color, a shade that adorned their surroundings without much thought or significance. And for some, it evoked feelings of melancholy, a hue that mirrored the depth of their emotions.

Nevertheless, It holds a special place in my heart, maybe for its visual appeal or maybe due to the emotions it stirred within me. It doesn't matter anymore cause as much as it represents calmness and serenity, it was a symbol of loneliness and sadness also.

Just like the hues of blue stretched above me, painting the sky with its vast expanse.

The college courtyard was unusually quiet today. The occasional rustle of leaves overhead, where I sat beneath the comforting shade of a towering tree, was the only sound that dared to break the serene silence.

Its leaves were still green, not usual to say at least when the autumn had just passed and now we had entered November. Evergreen trees they say.

At least there is something that can last forever.

Or maybe not.

I heaved a sigh, my moment of tranquility disrupted when my phone chimed. With a reluctant hand, I reached out for my phone tucked in the hoodie's pocket, unlocking it to find a message displayed on the screen.

Loathsome Jerkguk:

[ I'm sad... Wanna know why? ]

I rolled my eyes as I read his message. It had been a week since the roses and daisies argument, and thankfully, Taehyung was still acting normal around me.

Even though things were still fine, my ego would never allow me to lose against Jungkook. So here I was, casually sitting under the tree, pretending as if I hadn't just painted his entire motorbike blue.

And the message was the proof that he doesn't know about it.

Yet.

Leaning against the sturdy trunk of the tree, a mischievous grin played on my lips. Even though I had to skip one class today just because of Jungkook, it was worth it. With a slight pursing of my lips, I tapped out a message on my phone.

[Brave of you to assume I care!]

Not even a minute later, he replied.

[ Ik you don't but I'mma tell you anyways. I'm sad that you are not bothered by the fact I'm winning... A week passed but you still haven't taken 'revenge'...]

[Don't you worry about that!! You won't be sad anymore, I've already prepared your surprise.]

[Oh really? As much as I hate surprises, I am looking forward to this one. You better not disappoint me, princess...]

[Oh trust me I won't !!]

Just as I was about to fire back another retort, a familiar presence approached me. I didn't even need to glance up to know it was Jane. With a sigh, I pocketed my phone and rose to my feet, patting my jeans to ensure there were no bits of grass clinging to them.

Her lips were turned into a frown, her brows furrowed as she held books in her one hand and another hand on her hip."Well, well, well, look who's decided to play hooky under a tree. Restroom breaks getting longer these days?" Her sarcasm was thick enough to spread on toast as she called me out for skipping class.

I nudged her playfully, "Come on, don't be like that. I really did have to go to the restroom," I protested, but she just rolled her eyes in response.

"I was looking for you all over the campus," she continued, frustration evident in her tone as she arched an eyebrow. "You're not exactly the type to skip class. So I need an explanation."

I quickened my pace, feeling her trailing behind me as I made my way across the campus. "I had something to take care of," I muttered, hoping to end the conversation before she could pry further.

"What exactly?" She asked behind me.

I turned around, now facing her, as she stopped walking. My lips turned into a grin. "You wanna know?" She nodded eagerly.

"Follow me."

The class I had skipped happened to be Jungkook's last class of the day. Since there were no scheduled basketball club practice sessions, I figured he must be heading to the parking lot to go home.

We made our way stealthily across the campus, ducking behind buildings and trees to avoid being seen. Finally, we reached the parking lot, where I spotted Jungkook heading towards his motorbike.

Signaling Jane to stay quiet by placing a finger to my lips, we hid behind a nearby pillar as Jungkook approached his bike.

A giggle escaped my lips when I saw Jane's confused face. "Yena, what the-" She pressed her palm against her mouth, her eyes widened. "You skipped your classes for this?" Her voice was a subtle whisper.

"Shh." I giggled softly.

Jungkook was now standing next to his bike, his jaw clenched. His hands formed into fists, and a vein on his neck popped up. His brow furrowed as he kneeled to pick up the aerosol spray paint can that I had left there while painting, of course intentionally.

With a paint can in his one hand, he pinched the bridge of his nose. His expression darkened as his gaze shifted around the parking lot.

Aww poor him.

Just as Jungkook's eyes swept past our hiding place, I held my breath, fearing he might catch a glimpse of us. But luck clearly seemed to be on our side as he turned away, his attention drawn to something else.

"Mission accomplished." I muttered, loud enough for Jane to hear, my grin turning wider. Jane just shook her head probably in disbelief, "You are unbelievable, yena." She said, unable to hide a hint of a smile tugging at her lips.

I returned her a smile and quickly took out my phone and tapped a message to jungkook, a smirk playing on my lips.

[I didn't disappoint right?]

He was still standing next to his motorbike, retrieving his phone from his pocket with a sense of urgency. As he juggled the paint can and his phone in one hand, his other hand tapped away furiously on the screen.

And the next second, the entire parking area reverberated with the unmistakable tune of "Baby Shark." My heart dropped as I realized Jungkook had called me.

Shit.

I was wrong about that luck part.

*:・゚✧*:・゚