f i v e

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jane's living room transformed into a sea of books, the rich aroma of coffee threading through the air as we both submerged ourselves in our study materials

Jane's living room transformed into a sea of books, the rich aroma of coffee threading through the air as we both submerged ourselves in our study materials. The room reverberated with the rhythmic gliding of pens, constructing a serene cocoon of focus. However, this tranquility shattered abruptly when Jane's phone buzzed on the table.

Reaching for the phone, she clicked her tongue disapprovingly upon seeing Jungkook's name illuminating the screen. Picking up the call, she put it on speaker and positioned it on the table, then resumed her assignments.

"Hello?" But her greeting was cut short by Jungkook's hurried voice, "Emergency, Jane, I need your help."

I paused my writing, glancing over at Jane as she set her notebook and pens aside, an eyebrow raised in confusion.
"What happened now?"

A deep sigh resonated from the other side as Jungkook confessed, "Got a speeding ticket, need cash. Can you...uh... lend me some?"

"Didn't uncle say stop riding that stupid motorbike," Jane scolded him, holding the phone. "Tell them 'cause I can't help. My part-time barely covers groceries."

"I know, Jane, but he already calls me a disappointment. Look, I don't want to make it worse," Jungkook pleaded.

"No other way, Gguk."

"Dumbfuck should have known before speeding," I muttered.

"Yena's with you?" Jungkook asked, and realization struck me that my muttered comment was loud enough for him to hear. I gestured to Jane to clarify that it was Namjoon, her boyfriend, who made that remark, but she told him it was me anyway.

So best friend of her.

"Give her the phone."

I cleared my throat as I reached for the phone Jane was handing over. A mischievous thought crossed my mind, and I couldn't shake it off.

I pressed the phone to my ear."Hey," he said, and for the first time, his voice sounded hesitant. I couldn't deny that my mischievous thoughts were gaining momentum.

"Hello," I said, echoing his greeting.

"So I wa-" He started.

"You don't have to explain. I've heard it all before," I interjected.

"I have my savings; I can lend you those, but you gotta beg for it," I continued, a smirk playing on my lips. Jane gasped, nudging me slightly, her eyes wide in disbelief. Putting my finger on her lips, I signaled her to stay silent.

There was a profound silence on the other side for the first few seconds. He took a deep breath, prompting me to prepare for the possible sight of Jungkook's pride being crushed. I turned on the call recorder, preparing teasing material for later. Trust me, I'm not that evil, but different sides of me emerge when it involves him.

I was left in awe when he abruptly hung up the call.

"What the hell," I muttered to myself.

"He hung up?" Jane asked, her brows etched with worry. I nodded, "His pride is too big for that."

"You evil creature, I feel bad for my poor brother," Jane remarked.

"Don't feel bad when he's like this with me. Huh?" I laughed.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

A/N: Short chapter cuz Idk what to write...