t e n

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

"But she seems

"But she seems... Nevermind."

As the woman drew nearer, my heart quickened its pace, each step bringing her closer until she stood directly in front of us. Her silvery strands of hair seemed to mirror the pale glow of the moon above, casting an ethereal light upon her.

I watched as her lips trembled and her eyes glistened with tears as if they were threatening to fall. Her gaze shifted between Jungkook and me as if searching for something lost in the depths of our souls.

But then, with a gentle sweep of her hand to wipe away the tears, she silently turned away, her footsteps leading her in the opposite direction. Jungkook and I exchanged puzzled glances, our brows furrowed in confusion as we pondered the unexpected turn of events.

"Jungkook don't just stand there. Go after her and figure out what is wrong." I urged my tone urgent yet tinged with frustration.

"Why don't you go? Afraid you'll actually have to be nice to someone for once?" He scoffed.

"You know what? I am nice to everyone, with you as an exception," I grumbled, casting a sidelong glance in his direction. With a subtle nudge, I urged him to go after her.

Jungkook let out a groan as he reluctantly propelled himself into motion. "Wait!" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with urgency as he quickened his pace to bridge the distance between us and the lady slipping away into the night.

Hurrying after them, my footsteps echoed against the pavement. As the woman turned at the sound of our voices calling out to her, a smile graced her lips-a radiant, captivating smile that illuminated the darkness of the night.

"Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but do you know us?" I managed to interject between breaths, my chest heaving with the effort of the pursuit. Amidst the rush of adrenaline, I couldn't help but scold myself for my physical shortcomings.

I really need to start working out.

Her smile widened further, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she spoke. "No," she finally murmured, her voice a gentle breeze that broke through the stillness. "But, I just felt like I knew you. Both of you."

With that, she gracefully resumed her path.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Darkness shrouded my room like a heavy cloak, pierced only by the gentle glow of the bedside lamp and the faint moonlight seeping through the curtains.

With an excited squeal, I twisted in my sheets, and rolled over the bed, my smile turning wider and wider each second I thought about those fictional characters.

Oh, to love a fictional character!

As I closed the book that had me spellbound, a wild grin adorned my face, realizing with sheer delight that it had taken precisely 377 pages for the enemies to weave their way into each other's arms, transforming their rivalry into an intoxicating love story.