s e v e n

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Where's Jane?" Ivy questioned, her brow arching with curiosity. As I tucked my phone away, I met her gaze. "She got caught up in something," I explained.

As Ivy nodded in understanding, we headed towards the library, where the echoes of the haunting melody from my dreams seemed to linger. With Ivy trailing behind, I couldn't shake the urgency, each step fueled by the desire to find the secrets held concealed by library.

"Jane told me it should be submitted to you," I heard her say from behind. Turning around, I found Ivy holding a piece of paper in her hand. "What's this?" I asked, taking the page from her.

Jane is downright unbelievable.

At the top, in bold capital letters, a heading declared 'Crack the Code Behind Yena's Dream.' Just below, the words 'membership form' stood out. In essence, it was a form for Ivy to join our supposed team.

The details about Ivy skipped from the top and gradually unfolded as my eyes moved down the form. Toward the end, in bold capitals, the words 'TEAM LEADER' caught my attention, followed by Jane's signature underneath.

So typical of her.

I thrust the form back into Ivy's hand, a smirk playing on my lips. "She made herself the team leader?" I questioned, my amusement evident.

Ivy looked at the form with a puzzled expression. "Well, she's certainly confident," she replied, a hint of amusement in her voice.

I chuckled, "Knowing Jane, she'd probably organize a coronation ceremony complete with a red carpet." Ivy joined in with a laugh, and I added, "But seriously, you're welcome to join the supposed team, I guess.

Our journey to the library usually passed in comfortable silence, occasionally punctuated by giggles about Jane. Ivy shared how she left Australia when she was three, making me realize our behaviour with her that day was not appropriate.

As our tired limbs carried us closer to the library. The journey felt longer than the Great Wall of China.

Finally, we arrived at that alley. It appeared different from our last visit, triggering memories of my fear of encountering a murderer lurking within.

As we stepped into the alley, the deserted surroundings sent a shiver down my spine. What if monsters lurked in the shadows, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting victims in the afternoon?

I was a hyperactive child, so whenever my mom would nap in the afternoon I would sneak out of the house to play with my friends outside. So my mom had to warn me how monsters are there roaming during those hours, threatening to kidnap mischievous children like me in the afternoon.