𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘔

[Previously]

A soft laugh escapes Azara's mouth, making him look at her and let out a short laugh of his own. "Come on, Bellamy, let's get inside" Azara begins walking to the gate. Bellamy follows right behind her.

                                   ☁︎☁︎☁︎

"First watch is over. Go relieve Monroe on the south wall. Keep your eyes open" Bellamy's voice is heard a few feet behind Clarke. "Anything?" Bellamy walks up to Clarke. "It's been two days. Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good" Clarke says. "You believe that?" He raises an eyebrow. "No. They're coming" Clarke states. "Jasper thinks he can cook up some more gunpowder if he gets some sulfur, and Raven says she can turn that into landmines. So be careful where you step" Azara walks up to them with a small grin. The two of them huff out a laugh. "Funny" Clarke shakes her head. "What I really need is a thousand more of her tin can bombs I can roll into their village and blow those Grounders to hell" Clarke and Azara give him a look, "That's what they want to do to us" Bellamy sighs.

"Can't believe we survived a hundred years just so we could slaughter each other" Clarke groans, "There has to be another way". "Any word from the Ark?" Bellamy asks. "Radio silence" Azara confirms. "Finally ran out of air" Bellamy licks his lips. "Maybe my mom was lucky being on the Exodus ship. At least it was quick. No one is coming down to save us" Clarke eyes everyone in the camp. Azara gives Clarke a saddened look before spotting Murphy helping with the meat so she excuses herself and walks over.

"Hey," Azara walks over to Murphy. The dark blue-eyed boy turns his head to her, "Hey,". "You guys need any help?" She looks over to Del and Octavia. "I don't think we do" Murphy looks over at them as well. "Let's get this party smoking" Del smiles to himself as he gets the fire started. "You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves" Octavia notices the fire grow quickly. "You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" Del snaps. "Watch your damn mouth, Del," Azara glares. Del sizes up Azara, "What are you gonna do about it, princess?". Azara scoffs with a small smile etching onto her face. "You better back off and go find some wet leaves" Azara stands her ground. "They're right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well" Murphy moves in between Azara and Del.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp" Del scoffs, "Just keep working". Murphy rolls his eyes, "Your brother couldn't get you a better job? Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace" The boy turns to Octavia. "Oh, probably. That just means someone else would have to do it" Octavia sighs.

A few minutes later, the smokehouse catches on fire. "Whoa! Guys! Fire!" A male delinquent shouts. "Octavia!" Azara runs into the burning smokehouse to get Octavia out. "Azara!" Murphy shouts. The smoke is quick to suffocate anyone who stands in it. Azara and Octavia come out coughing and Bellamy rushes over, taking Octavia from Azara. "Are you okay?" Murphy asks Azara. Azara coughs and nods in reply. Murphy steps back as anger fills his veins. "This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood" Murphy punches Del. "Get the hell away from me" Del shoves Murphy. Azara steps in front of Murphy and puts her hands on his chest, "Murphy, stop". Murphy eyes the short girl who stands before him. Bellamy shoves Del back, "Hey! Hey, stop! Save it for the Grounders". "Well, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food" Octavia huffs. They sit there and watch the smokehouse burn until Bellamy demands they continue working.

The next morning, Clarke walks up to Bellamy who is checking out the burnt hut, "Any idea what happened?"."Murphy says that Del kept feeding the fire, mostly because Octavia told him it was a bad idea" Bellamy explains. "And we believe Murphy?" Clarke raises an eyebrow. "I do. Plus Azara was there too" Bellamy nods over to the mentioned girl who just walked out of the dropship. "We have some wild onions and nuts in the dropship. It's only enough to last us maybe one or two weeks. What's left here?" Clarke sighs as she spots Azara. She told her to stay in the dropship until she got back because she just took out her stitches.