Chapter 127- I'm Not Lying!

Start from the beginning

Be Adrian.

I drop my head and take a deep, long breath before glaring at them through my eyebrows. "Who the hell are you?" 

The man with the beanie stares at me, "I could ask you the same thing." 

"Fuck you-" My words get cut off when the brunette punches me in the head. I groan but don't break eye contact with the man with the beanie. 

"Tryin' to kill me with your eyes isn't gonna work." He says, walking closer. He nods to me, "Who are you?" 

I don't respond for a moment, trying to calm myself down and prepare for whatever the hell is about to happen. "You're fucking mom." Another punch, but this time, to my jaw and from the man in front of me. 

He tsks and shakes his head, "We'll try a different approach." He says, crossing his arms. "Who are those people?" 

"I don't know." I lie, speaking through a wired-shut jaw. Two punches, both to my cheek. 

I can feel my cheek begin to swell uncomfortably and the stab wound in my thigh begin to burn. "Who are those people?" He asks again. 

"I don't know." I persist, leaning forward slightly. This time, instead of a punch, the brunette holds my arm in place and holds a knife to my bicep. Both of them wait for an answer as if that scares me. It does but,

They can't know that. 

"I don't fucking know them, alright? We met up on the road only a few hours before y'all tried to fucking obliterate us-AH!" A high-pitched scream of pain escapes my lips as the knife drags down my bicep agonizingly slow. I shake my head and try to shake my body to get away, but because of the ropes, I can't. "We met on the road!" I scream as the knife finally lifts an inch above my elbow. 

"Who was that girl you were screaming for? Hayden? Adrianna?" 

"Adrian," The brunette man corrects. 

"Yes, Adrian. Certainly seems like you know her." 

 I narrow my eyes, my brain forgetting all about the pain I'm in and, instead, the possible threat to Adrian. But the problem is, if I tell them that she's a part of that group, she's in danger. If I tell them that she's my sister or we knew each other before, she's in danger. 

"She and I met only about an hour before we met that group." 

The man with the beanie sighs as if he doesn't accept my answer. "See...lying isn't gonna get you anywhere. It'll only get worse if you keep this shit up." 

"I'm not lying you fucking-" I quickly squeeze my lips together to keep myself from yelling out in pain when the man puts the tip of the knife in my wound and twists it. Not enough to be dangerous, but enough to hurt like hell. Hot, heavy tears form in my eyes but before they can fall, I squeeze my eyes shut. "I'm telling the truth. And shoving a knife in my arm isn't gonna get me to lie and say that I'm not." 

"You're right, it won't." The man with the beanie looks at the brunette, "Till she talks." 

The brunette nods and stands before me, cracking his knuckles. I sigh deeply and brace for the pain I'm about to go through. 

One

Two

Three

Six? 

S      e     v      e      n?

E        i        g...