11

[Warnings: sex scene at the end.]

For some time, Adrienne felt a pulsing pressure on her brain bringing her to and from consciousness. She remembered Lilith bringing her to the mortuary and remembered the quizzical expressions of Hilda and Zelda. She did not remember anything that happened before or after that until her eyes could open properly again.

"I've consulted hundreds of books to no avail. I can only hope Lilith can come up with something else and I'm sure Sabrina will kick up a fuss before she truly gives into queendom." Ambrose sighed, defeated. For a moment Adrienne remembered earlier that Ambrose had checked her forehead temperature and eye movement.

"Sabrina; the bold, the loud, the agent of disobedience. I am often astounded that we have raised her all these years." Zelda spoke sarcastically, yet there was a sorrow to her tone.

"Takes the nature-nurture argument to a whole 'nother level." Adrienne commented. The room was finally becoming clearer, and the nausea had almost worn off. Adrienne would grab a few anti-emetic herbs from the greenhouse after speaking with her family.

Zelda, Hilda and Ambrose all turned to look at her. She wondered what she looked like. Judging by the angle she was looking at the others, she was laying down on the floor or a low settee. As her vision became clearer, she began to feel her body again.

"Do we have anything we need to be worried about with you?" Zelda asked.
"Me?" Adrienne raised an eyebrow, sitting up on the settee. "Nah."

"So, you aren't the Devil's harlot?"

"A position that you once declared as a highest honour, Zelda." Adrienne reminded.

"Before I learnt what he intended for our Sabrina, and the world."

"He gave us our power, our magic, our immortality. We signed our names in his book declaring eternal devotion. We knew all the risks and rewards."

"Yes, well it would seem things have changed." Zelda was conflicted but trying hard to be strong. Adrienne could hear it in her voice.

"What is to be done with me then?" Adrienne stood up. "I'm sure he will notice my absence soon." She began to walk towards the greenhouse, but Hilda cleared her throat and extended her hand towards her. She had already thought ahead and plucked the relevant herbs.

"Thank you." Adrienne chewed them slowly. Breaking them down into paste in her mouth before swallowing. They tasted awful and soapy, but they would do the trick soon enough.

Before the conversation could continue, Prudence appeared in the room, crying hysterically. She had arrived holding on to her sisters who fell to the floor. "Help me! Father Blackwood poisoned them. He poisoned them all." She could hardly breath between speaking and crying.

The Spellmans and Adrienne rushed to her aid. With one hand, Adrienne performed an energy body scan of the sisters to see how far along in their poisoning they were. There was hope to save them.

"The entire coven?" Zelda was shocked.

Prudence nodded and sobbed.

"Ambrose, with me." Zelda rose. Adrienne stood up too, "You are to stay here, young lady, and help Hilda. We shall be returning with as many as we can. Make up an antidote immediately."

Hilda and Adrienne ran to the greenhouse and plucked at plants feverishly. Hilda rushed back to the kitchen before Adrienne and heated up a pan to wilt the herbs in before they were macerated into a paste and mixed into a drink. Adrienne ran back to the kitchen and threw the herbs onto the pan so Hilda could do the rest. Meanwhile, Ambrose and Zelda continued to reappear with two bodies at a time. Prudence pushed furniture aside, so all students of the Church of Night were able to lay on the floor awaiting treatment.