10

Lucifer had eventually left Adrienne on her lonesome as she had anticipated. He had gone to the woods to see to it that Sabrina fulfilled her blowing of the horn of Gabriel.

After rolling out of the comfortable bed, Adrienne put on a dress that had been left hung up on the wall. Her own clothes were nowhere to be seen.

The dress was sea-green silk with an asymmetrical hem, exposing more of her right leg. At first, Adrienne had to keep checking in the mirror that she was wearing the dress as it was so light and soft that she felt as if she were still naked.

A small vanity table at the far corner of the room gave her access to a mirror and a comb so she could tend to the mess of knots. She put her hair into a messy bun and spoke a glamouring spell into the mirror to hide her tired skin.

Adrienne made her way out of the bedroom and into the main bar of Dorian's and was delighted to see him behind the counter. He seemed to be alone restocking alcohols and polishing glassware.

"Long night?" He slid a coffee over to her which she had not seen before when approaching.

Adrienne gave him a somewhat playful yet chiding stare as she accepted the warm fragrant drink. The mug was a deep-glazed peacock blue with a golden rim.

"That is a lazy glamour, Ada. You've always looked cute tired anyway."

She rolled her eyes at him and made a motion with her hand on her face as if she were pulling a cloth mask from herself.

"Better?"

"Yes."

She felt the steam of the coffee against her face and leaned into it, "Warming brew within-"

"I've already charmed it for you. I know how you like your drinks, remember?"

"Of course I remember." Adrienne gave him a friendly smile. "You were my longest relationship. I hope that my peculiar habits haunt you till death just as yours do."

"We'll haunt each other forever then." He shrugged. His wave gold hair swayed with his movement. "Anyway, tell me about your new beau. A fine specimen, our dark lord. I suppose after being with me, it would only make sense to seek out angelic beauty so not to be out of your league."

"Mhmm." Adrienne's voice was breathy. The feelings from her passionate night had bloomed into her mind.

She heard Dorian chuckle. "You don't even have to tell me. Your body language and complexion show enough."

"But you do want to know."

Adrienne and Dorian had maintained a teenage energy around relationships where they routinely told each other details of their hookups and dates. Over the past few years, it had mostly been Dorian talking Adrienne's ear off almost every time she visited his bar. Adrienne had been slightly less active than her ever-gorgeous friend.

Dorian ceased attending to the bar maintenance and leaned towards Adrienne, propping his head up with his hands and resting his elbows on the black marble bar top.

"Please, spare no detail."

When Lucifer returned, he was angry, and he had been physically wounded. The Spellmans had attempted to trap him. He had overpowered them all and Sabrina was made to blow the horn.

"How ungrateful. Does she not understand what an honour it is to be Queen of Hell?"

"You have not given her enough time to process or to understand who she is." Adrienne traced the opened wounds on his back and muttered a quick healing spell. The wound was quickly scabbing over, and Adrienne found herself transfixed as she watched the thing lattices of flesh interweaving to form fresh skin. They refused to become healed and white like his skin. They remained as deep red slits where once his wings attached.