Chapter 68: Scout's Question For James, New Members, & Comeback!

Start from the beginning

The five walked to the center of the room which was open. At this point, due to having so many members, Woohyun used a microphone so everyone could hear.

"Good afternoon, everyone." Woohyun said. "Today we actually do have some new members that I would like to introduce themselves."

We all clapped and cheered to welcome them.

"Please tell us your name and/or stage name, age, position, and anything else you want us to know." Woohyun told the four on stage with him. "Who would like to go first?"

They all looked at one another when one finally stepped up. He looked older but was wearing bright clothes and he had the widest smile.

"Hello everyone!" He took the microphone. "My name is Kim Minjae, I was born in 1994, I am a Vocalist, and I was a contestant on Pinky Entertainment's survival show PINKSTAR Season 2."

"That's how I recognized him!" Hanwoo exclaimed, being someone who had watched the show.

"He's also your brother's age." I pointed out. "That's crazy."

"Hey if there's a place for any one of that age, it's Royal Colors." Chewy chimed in.

I nodded in agreement as they moved onto the next person.

"Hello everyone." The next person bowed. "My name is Song Yunseok but I would like my stage name to be Y.Song. I was born in 2000, I am a Vocalist and Dancer, and I was also a contestant on PINKSTAR Season 2."

We all clapped as they moved onto the next person, the last male.

"Hello everyone." He greeted. "My name is Zhang Qianhui but my stage name will be Zilo. I was born in 1998. I am a Vocalist who specializes in Dance, and I guess a fun fact about me is that I am a former SM trainee for 5 years and then trained here for 5 months."

"Wow~" Hanwoo said. "That's such a short amount of time here."

"Pinky probably thought it was time for him to debut already when she offered him a contract." Chewy replied.

I sat up straight when I saw Zilo hand the girl the microphone. Since we were sitting close to the front, I could see her a bit better and she caught my attention even more. I was expectant to hear her voice.

"Hello," She spoke softly. "My name is Kim Soojung. I was born in 1999. I am a Vocalist and Rapper. And a fun fact about me..."

She bit her lip as she thought and I felt my heart skip a beat. It was sexy.

"I guess that I graduated college before training here." She finally said.

"What did you study?!" Chase shouted from the crowd.

"Philosophy." The female spoke.

"Woah, she must be pretty smart." Chewy said.

Despite my sister talking to me, I just stared at Soojung. I've been here for years and no new member has ever made me so intrigued to get to know them.

"Thank you to our new members." Woohyun said after being passed the mic.

We all cheered and clapped, me a bit more enthusiastic than normal. As we dispersed to have a small get to know you party, I watched Soojung step to the side to keep to herself. I wanted to go over and talk to her but Kaoru, Pop, and JC beat me to it, always making it their mission to make the new female members feel welcome. I sighed and just kept to Hanwoo, Chewy, and Gyutae, but most of the event, I couldn't take my eyes off of Soojung, no matter how hard I tried.

*****

-Tuesday, February 6, 2024~5:57PM-

~Hikaru's POV~

We were all sitting around the practice room as we always do. I felt my body shake from nerves as the time grew closer and closer.

"Hey, are you okay?" James, who was sitting beside me, asked.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I told him, looking down.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" James saw through me. He was my best friend.

"Can you blame me?" I asked. "It's been six years since I was on that stage."

James looked down. "Yeah, I know."

That's when I realized it's the same for him, and it'll be even longer.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" I started to say.

"It's okay." James looked up at me and smiled.

"Your time will come soon." I told him.

He just nodded, faking a smile, before changing the subject.

"So, how has it been preparing with Evil?" He grew a grin on his face.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I found myself smiling at just the thought of him.

"Oh come on." James said, elbowing me in the side. "You like him and now you get to promote with him! Isn't that exciting?"

"Try nerve-wracking." I said.

James snickered. "I think this will be good for you guys."

I just nodded, twiddling my fingers. "Thanks James."

He gave me a smile and I did feel better. I wish my best friend would be there with me but I at least had Changbin and D.NK who would be there with me promoting the whole time; other Red members from debut.

My thoughts were finally interrupted by the screen turning on the music video. We had been waiting in the watch queue the whole time for the premiere so when the music video started, everyone cheered for a quick second before growing quiet to watch the music video. I found myself squeezing James' hand the whole time which he seemed supportive of as my best friend and he knew exactly how I was feeling. By the end, I was clapping and my nerves were flushed away at how great the music video was, especially after my rap verse which people cheered loud for. It made me feel good and I was excited to get back on that stage.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys! I know I've been writing this like crazy but I'm just really excited to keep working on it. I hope you guys are excited too and I will see you soon. Biez!

P.S unedited.