𝐕𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓
ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

     Hazel and Elena aren't usually the type of twins that don't get along. They're the stereotypical twins that can't go an hour without talking to one another, and are each other's best friend while still remaining sisters, and it's always been that way—however, they are still sisters, and they do butt heads sometimes over superficial things because they're teenage girls where hormones get in the way, plus the added stress of the loss of their parents, and Hazel's lack of sleep can cause tension between them. So, when Hazel doesn't speak to Elena for the rest of the night after their guests leave the house, and doesn't come into her room the next morning to talk about nothing like they always do, Elena knows she screwed up.

     Hazel has always had the biggest heart, and sometimes it can get taken for granted because she's always been the type of person to not express her feelings so she could spare someone else's. Elena isn't exempt from that, and it's worse because she's her sister and supposed to know her boundaries. Even though she was coming from a place of love, it wasn't what Hazel wanted at that time and she should've known that.

     "Can we talk?" Elena approaches Hazel timidly like she's a child in trouble with a parent after misbehaving. Hazel looks up from her homework and gestures for her to speak without using her words. The younger twin sighs because this is going to be harder than expected if Hazel wasn't willing to cooperate. Elena sits down on Hazel's bed beside her, "I'm sorry about last night." She starts and Hazel looks up at her, "I shouldn't of meddled and I should've considered how you would've felt about the situation."

     Hazel takes a few seconds to think, playing with her bracelet that she took from her mother's collection after she passed away before she licks her lips to respond. She's considering her words carefully so she doesn't say something she doesn't mean and cause the argument to blow out of proportion, "Thank you for apologising." She replies and moves her homework away from her, "Just... just don't do it again, okay? If things with Stefan are meant to be, they'll fall into place on their own. Forcing things will only make it worse."

     "I know." Elena sighs and runs a hand through her hair, "I know. I just want to see you happy, Haze. When you're with him, I see this... spark." Elena's eyes soften as she reaches for her twin's hand, "And it's one I haven't seen in you for a very long time."

     "I get it, Elena." Hazel frowns, "But, I'm not rushing something like this. These sort of things take time." Especially when Stefan can't stay consistent with the way he acts around her. His mood swings have showed her a side of him that made her unsure if she even wanted anything, and she's not even sure if she wants to touch the fact that he's got unresolved issues with his brother about his ex.