𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀
ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

     A deep gasp broke past Hazel Gilbert's lips as she woke up from her sleep, sitting upright in her bed with her hands anchoring her at her sides. It was like her lungs were desperate for air, like she didn't breathe a single molecule of oxygen once while she was in her slumber, living through the nightmare that replayed in her mind regularly. They could only assume the dreams were a side-effect from the medication she's forced to take to avoid panic attacks and anxiety—a lovely parting gift from her near death experience that left her an orphan.

     Today would mark the four month anniversary of her parents' death and the first day of school after Summer break. The crash changed the lives of the Gilbert family for the worst; the deaths of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert left a large hole in the family that would never be recovered.

     Hazel and Elena nearly dying in the crash changed them entirely, while Elena used to be an extroverted cheerleader, she now kept to herself. Hazel could only bury herself further away from everyone that wasn't in her close circle, and severely traumatised from being pronounced dead after drowning. She can barely be around water without hyperventilating and her mind telling her that she's under the bridge, drowning again.

     She walked over to Elena's room. Elena was her younger twin—younger by nine minutes—and while they looked completely identical, they were different. Hazel was quiet while Elena was loud and proud, her laugh could lighten up a room from the sound of it.

     She found her twin already ready for the day, and sitting on her windowsill with her journal in her lap, writing, like she does everyday. While Elena was a writer, Hazel was a reader. Their mom wanted Elena to go into journalism, she said that she had a talent for it—and she did, the words that Elena would put on paper were like magic. They could move anyone and make them feel emotions whether they wanted to or not.

     Hazel used a journal too, just not as much as Elena does. Her therapist encouraged her to keep one to write down her thoughts, and eventually, reminisce on how far she's come since the days she put down the pen to paper. Truth be told, she could never keep up with it as much to write in it everyday—weekly, at most—and she also didn't really think she had many thoughts to give. She didn't want to look on and realise how much of a broken record she sounded like because her thoughts never changed. Maybe it's just her wanting to avoid becoming face to face with her intrusive thoughts that keeps her from doing that.

     Elena looked up as soon as she heard the door to her bedroom open, finding the mirrored version of herself standing in front of her, looking as if she could cry at any moment. She put down her diary with a concerned sigh, "Nightmare or memory?" She asked Hazel.