𝐗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉
ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

     Hazel was not a believer. People are born, they grow old, and then they die. That's the world they live in. There's no magic, no mysticism, no immortality. There's nothing that defies rational thought. People are supposed to be who they say they are. And not lie or hide their true selves. It's not possible—it can't be. But, how can she deny what was right in front of her? Stefan was someone who never grew old; never got hurt; and he was someone who changed in ways that can't be explained. There were girls bitten, bodies drained of blood... how could it be explained in any other way other than a vampire? It feels ridiculous to even think that way, and she feels crazy to even suggest it, but, she wasn't thinking and needed to ask straight from the source.

     She wasn't thinking when she grabbed her car keys, ignoring the fear she has being behind the wheel after the crash and headed towards Stefan's home, blaming all her actions on adrenaline otherwise she would've headed in the opposite direction, far away from the Salvatore brothers and anything else to do with the supernatural.

     When she gets to the door, reality settles in along with the fear, realising that she was about to confront a vampire—a species known for attacking humans for their blood—and she turns around to go back to her car. However, she isn't fast enough when Stefan opens the door and she turns to look at him in fright, quickly asking, "What are you?" Stefan looks shocked to see her standing there, and she swallows the fear to ask again shakily but firmly, "What are you?"

     Stefan's jaw clenches and he looks her up and down, before realising and nodding in acceptance, "You know." It isn't a question, rather a statement.

     "No, I don't." Hazel shakes her head. It's all over the place and she can't form a thought. She thinks she knows the truth, but, she's hoping there's a reasonable explanation for it all that doesn't point to the supernatural, "Because I can't know. It's not true, is it? Tell me it isn't true and this is just me going crazy."

     "Yes, you do know, or you wouldn't be here." Stefan replies.

     "It's not possible." Hazel shakes her head fearfully, "It can't be."

     Stefan puts down a piece of wood and Hazel's eyes widen in fear and she takes a step back when she notices it's a stake, "Everything you know... and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?"

      She's not ready but she wants to know so bad, "What are you?"

     Stefan takes a few moments before he admits it finally, "I'm a vampire."

Hazel is frozen in her spot from fear, although every cell in her body is screaming at her to run. She's made a mistake coming here because she would've preferred to be in the unknown—she's come to learn that knowing is dangerous. She wants to scream for her life and run in the opposite direction to him, instead, her feet stay planted to the ground. She swallows thickly, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come."