𝐗𝐈𝐕

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉
ミ★ ( lion and the lamb, act one ) ★彡

     The thing about breakups, is that they can be extremely painful. It doesn't matter how attached a person is or isn't, when you get broken up with, it's infinitely more painful. Hazel hadn't realised how attached to Stefan she had become—he brought her out of the shell she used to be, and made her feel worthy of being loved; practically saving her from the survivor's guilt she felt after the crash. He made her feel lighter and happier. And yeah, while he still brought confusion and pain to the table, it was still a lot better than the feelings she felt when she was without him. While it's become normal for them to be rocky and have somewhat of a continuous on-again/off-again relationship, it doesn't make it any less painful to hear him walk away from her yet again.

He wants to do it to protect her—because too much has happened and too many people have died, but, he hasn't realised that she needs him.

Hazel hasn't been handling the breakup well, and she thinks it's almost pitiful to see herself this torn up about a guy that she's only kissed once, and especially after she said she wasn't going to let her world turn upside down over some guy. But, now it was different. She had feelings for Stefan, and he took her heart and crumpled it in front of her face as an act to protect her from himself and his world of vampires and witches. While it might be a heroic and selfless thing for him to do, it almost makes it worse because she wants to hate him but she can't—because he's doing all of this to protect her.

Hazel used to hate Tuesdays the most, but after the few weeks she's had lately, Monday has reclaimed its throne as the worst day of the week. She wants to stay in bed and watch sad movies all day until she rots because she can't bring herself to get out of bed, and she was tempted to do so had Elena not dragged her out of bed to bring her back to reality.

Hazel was spitefully eating her breakfast, watching as Jenna was getting ready to leave when Elena comes down the stairs, "Jeremy's got his sketch pad out." She tells them with an excited smile.

Jenna's jaw drops, "You're kidding?"

"Nope." Elena says as she walks into the kitchen, "But, don't say a word. The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away."

Jenna smirks, "Psychology major. Check that!" Jenna then spots Hazel checking her phone as she puts her dishes away, " You and Stefan? Update?"

Hazel grabs one of her jackets and starts to button it up, ignoring the pity looks from everyone as she says, "He knows how I feel and where I stand, and I know where he stands, but, it doesn't matter." She sighs, "He's leaving."

"Where is he going?" Jenna asks in shock.

"She stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." Elena says as she opens the front door for the three of them to walk out of the house together.