The bus was perfect, but we had to get on it.

It didn't take me long to pack. I grabbed a few changes of clothes, a toothbrush and a backpack, and as I put them away I noticed something, I was sure I'd left my phone in Montauk, maybe Aunt Carmen had put it in the bag for me, technology apparently attracts monsters, but I decided to take it anyway.
I walked out of the big house ready, arriving on the porch to see Percy alone.

"Hey, we've got to go, aren't you going to get ready?" I asked him.

"I was just waiting for you. " he said simply.

"I can walk you to your cabin if you like.

Percy looked lost, as if he was overthinking things. He replied with a simple nod.

So we walked in silence to Poseidon's cabin. The cabin was much warmer than Hera's, and the smell of salt water in the air reminded me a little of home. Percy packed his suitcase very quickly, having only a change of clothes. When he'd finished, he sat down on his bed.

"Kassi, are you going to betray me?

His question felt like a Mike Tyson punch. I sat down right next to him.

"Why are you asking me this? Do you think I'm going to betray you?"

"No... but the prophecy," he began. "It mentioned something like this."

"It said I'd betray you?"

Me betraying Percy, the world's biggest surprise.

"No, but..."

"Then what does it say, I know you didn't tell Chiron everything."

He gave me a small smile. "I know you know."

" Come on, talk Percy."

He tapped his fingers on his leg and spoke at last.

"Four shall go west, and face the god who has shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end."

I lowered my head. "So you're afraid I'll betray you because of the prophecy." i was a little disappointed the fact that a prophecy had managed to make Percy doubt our friendship.

"No, I'm more afraid for the last line, let's imagine that the person who means the most to me is you, you're my best friend and ... you're all I've got left" His vision broke. Just two weeks ago, he'd lost his mother, and it would have filled me with joy to know that I was the person who meant the most to him, but this time it made me deeply sad.

"Percy, when we first met, what did you say to me?"

He thought, but I don't think he saw what I was getting at.

"You told me, 'If you think you're alone in this world then now it's you and me against the world ' remember?"

"Yes,"he replied.

I hugged him and said, "That sentence makes even more sense today, you see, so no I won't betray you and you'll manage to save me like you always do if need be. "

"Thank you Kassi. Thank you."

Before I knew it, Percy was crying, I hugged him even tighter, he'd made it through the last week without complaint, he hadn't cried in front of anyone, or the situation, or even for his mother.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, Percy."

"Don't apologize, Kassi, not to me."

"You were there for me after my father died and I didn't..."