Chapter 33

The holographic-like screen dissipated before my eyes, and I sighed. Looking out at the miles of sand around me, I wondered how long it would be until the breaths of another being came to this place. I'd been waiting in this wasteland for nearly two hundred years.

"Now that her real power has begun to awaken, it should not be long now," I said aloud for no one else to here. After all, I was the only soul on this endless planet of sand. "It seems that she chose the correct place to inhabit after all, albeit unknowingly. If only she could properly use them to destroy that vile caretaker of hers."

I swirled my fingers into the sand around me, mulling over the events that I had been reviewing with my divine power. Everything seems to be going according to what I had seen long ago. So, she should arrive in a year at the most.

"It is taking her much too long to find anything about me," I said annoyed. "Though, that cute prince will probably find some information about me soon. That is," I smiled. "That is if he can figure out where to look without disrupting the powers that be in that pitiful world."

I leaned back on my forearms, taking in the sun that refused to tan my pale skin. "It's a shame that my divine power is so limited now. Otherwise, I'd transcend and take care of it all on my own." I stared up at the orange sun. "Unfortunately for her, I cannot leave this place until the prophecy is fulfilled. After all, I am bound by my oath."

An oath that I, Zulema Amaris, cannot and will not break.