50.

a/n: i was editing this the other day when i accidentally posted it LMAO sorry if u for a repeat notif

                                                * * *

"I said I wasn't gonna get up here and cry, but," Kai wipes under her eyes for the millionth time that night. They were currently at the reception, Jaxon and Shawn sitting at their table, downing glasses of champagne and laughing along with friends and family.

As a surprise to them, all their friends and family had decided to write their own speeches.

"For those of you who don't know, Jaxon has been my best friend since...forever...and seeing him go from this a very shy person who was too afraid to approach his crush," She gestures towards Shawn, "to marrying him...has been beautiful to see."

Kai clears her throat, looking at Shawn. "And for you, Shawn...to be so vulnerable and trust Jaxon with your all has been...amazing to see. I just love you and your relationship so much, and I can't wait to keep seeing you guys grow together."

Jaxon smiles at her, rising from his seat to reach out and hug her. "I love you so much, Kai."

Kai smiles back, wrapping her arms around him. "Love you, too. Congratulations, love."

"Okay...okay, step away from my husband," Shawn jokes, holding his arms out for a hug.

Kai pulls away, a smile on her face. "You've been waiting to say that, huh?" she asks as she leans in to hug him. "Love you."

"Love you too, Kai."

After pulling away from the hug, it was AJ's turn. He held the microphone and looked around the room. He knew almost everyone there, and although he wouldn't classify himself as shy, he was nervous about speaking in front of everyone.

"Um...Hi," AJ smiles before looking at Shawn and Jaxon. "I'm not gonna be up here long, but...We all got close during college, but...You guys have really become a second family to me and...I'm just really proud of where you guys are and where you're going. I just hope you guys understand how important and impactful you've been in my life. Congratulations, guys."

He walked over to the table, hugging them and earning their thanks. Next, Chantel, Gavin, and Kirstin stood up. Kirstin and Chantel, holding hands, grabbed the microphone from AJ.

Kirstin smiles, speaking first. "Congratulations, you two! I am super happy you guys have finally experienced your moment. I am so proud of you both, and I'm so excited to see your life as husbands."

Chantel nods her head, leaning into the mic. "I would also like to say congrats," she jokes. "You two are the definition of soulmates. You bring out the best in each other and...I remember when Shawn was planning the whole proposal, and I could just tell how much you guys mean to each other, so...Keep loving each other and, seriously, congratulations, you love birds."

Chantel smiles and passes the mic to Gavin. Gavin takes a deep breath, shaking his head. "Fuckin' Christ," he starts. "I really don't wanna get up here and cry, but...looking at my best fuckin' friend since I was like... twelve marrying the love of his life...it's hard not to."

Shawn chuckles from where he was sitting. Gavin looks over at Jaxon. "I don't know if he ever told you, but...He fell in love with you after your first date, and...even though I was quite skeptical, he really did. And trust me when I say I've been by both of yall through all the shit you've been through and," Gavin's voice cracks a little. "I'm happy to see that it paid off. I love you guys."

There were a few more speeches; Jaxon's mom and sisters spoke openly about how they'd restored their relationship with one another. Jackie, Jaxon's mom, talked about watching how bright her son became after meeting Shawn. She spoke about how she saw a change in Shawn throughout the years and how they bring out the best in each other.