45.

a/n: i have bad writer syndrome, can't remember if i gave jax's mom a first name LMAO so if this isn't what you read previously pls bare w me thank u

also would u guys hate if i skip writing a graduation ceremony (snooze alert lol) i'm just wondering if that's something u guys would even want (pls answer or u hate me)

ahem, happy chapters becuz book is ending :P

* * *

Jaxon blinked himself awake the next morning, the smell of coffee, bacon, and eggs filling his nostrils. He looks over at Shawn who is lying in bed, scrolling mindlessly on his phone. Jaxon sighs and cuddles in closer to him, pulling the blanket up over his shoulders.

"Morning," Shawn says. "Someone is making breakfast."

"I can smell," Jaxon tilts his head back. "What time is it?"

"Seven."

"God," Jaxon groans and lays his head back down. "This is my own personal purgatory."

Shawn chuckles at him. "Why?"

"My plans for graduating college were rotting in bed for two months before having to submit my life to the capitalist world we call America." Jaxon rubs his eyes. "I also think I'm hungover for the second night in a row."

"You sound like me freshman year of high school," Shawn tosses his phone somewhere in the sheets, turning to face Jaxon. "Hey, guess what?"

"Hm?"

"Now that you've graduated-,"

"Still haven't walked the stage." Jaxon corrects.

"Shut the fuck up," Shawn reaches out to push some of Jaxon's hair out of his face. "Now that you've graduated...We can finally start planning our wedding."

That brings a smile to Jaxon's face, seemingly waking him up. "I know," Jaxon sits up in the bed. "I'm so excited. I can't wait to go around saying my husband this, my husband that."

Shawn smiles back. "I was thinking...since we're on the topic. We should keep both our last names. I like the idea of my name having you in it, too."

"Really?" Jaxon asks. "You wanna be a William-Butler?"

"I thought you used your mom's last name," Shawn asks, furrowing his brows.

"Carters-Williams...Williams-Carters," Jaxon says out loud a few times. "Which sounds better to you?"

"Not sure. However, I do like the sound of it." Shawn says as he sits up in the bed. He leans in, planting a kiss on Jaxon's lips. "What do you think?"

"I think that I wanna marry you."

Shawn smiles and reaches down to grab Jaxon's hand. He slides the engagement ring off his finger before clearing his throat. "I'll ask you again just to make sure...Jaxon, will you marry me?"

Jaxon lets out a laugh, holding his hand out. "Yes."

* * *

Jaxon takes a sip of his coffee, watching as his mom cooks breakfast. "Mom, you don't have to cook. I can take over if-."

"Oh hush," Jackie says. "You and Shawn are nice enough to host me and your sisters. Let me do something motherly."

Jaxon sits back in his seat and nods. He hears the guest bedroom door open, watching Jessica emerge from the bedroom. She was putting her hair up into a bun. "Good morning."

"Morning," Jaxon says. "Want some coffee?"

"Uh, sure." Jessica takes a seat at the table. She watches as Jaxon prepares her a cup of coffee, smiling and offering a small thank you when he places it in front of her. "Do you have any plans today?"