42.

a/n: long chapter emotional chapter i'm mentally unstable chapter im a slut for angst chapter :)

*  *  *

Shawn was still lying in bed, rolling over to grab his phone. He hadn't touched it since the night before. Still hadn't called out of work, and still hadn't reached out to Maverick, or any clients he has.

He clicks his notifications, met with a plethora of messages.

From Maverick 'Boss':

- hey man. you coming into the shop today?
- my apologies. ur fiancé reached out to me and said ur sick.
- get better and don't bring ur sick ass into the shop.

From Frank 'Boss':

- Gavin said you're sick. Let me know when you're feeling better. Don't worry about work—-We've got everything covered over here. Take care, and get well soon!

From Elizabeth 'Gav's mom':

- Checking in! I heard Jaxon is graduating soon, how exciting! Would he like it if I came down? Let me know. Love you!!

From 'Mom in law':

-Don't tell Jaxon but I'm thinking of coming down a few days early. Would you mind letting me know his class schedule?

From 'baby':

-hey. i can't make it home for lunch i have to tutor some students.
-make sure u get up and eat something pls.
-i love you.

Shawn sighs and sets his phone back down, bringing his hands up to his eyes to rub aggressively. He finally gets out of the bed, making his way to the bathroom.

He turns the water on, deciding the least he can do is shower. He showers, turning the water to the hottest temperature, trying to rid himself of the feeling inside his brain.

It doesn't work. But he can admit it feels better to be clean.

He quickly gets dressed and makes his way into the kitchen. Their apartment was scrubbed clean, and he knew that Jaxon was probably up all night anxiously cleaning the place.

He opens the fridge, staring blankly at all the food. He curses at himself internally, knowing he and Jaxon were supposed to go grocery shopping. It wasn't special or anything, but it was something they loved to do together.

He slams the fridge shut before opening up their cabinets, grabbing the box of granola bars, and makes his way back into their bedroom.

He lays back down when his phone pings. Another text from someone else.

From Catherine 'Therapist':

-Confirming your appointment for tomorrow at three thirty. Is that still available for you?

He stares at the text for a few seconds before shutting his phone completely off.

*  *  *

Jaxon walks into their apartment at around four. He sets his backpack down on the couch as he makes his way into their bedroom.