18.

double !! getting into an important storyline (:

**

Shawn was sitting at his desk, drawing on his iPad. He looks up from his drawing and stares at the wall in front of him. Somebody walked by him and he could smell the cologne. It was a Tom Ford cologne, he knew as it was the same kind his dad would wear.

It was a warm spicy scent with a hint of tobacco and wood.

He felt his hands beginning to sweat and felt as if he could feel his heart beating in his chest. It felt like he could feel the warmth of the blood running through his veins.

"Shawn!" His dad slurred his words as he walked into the house. He was holding a half-empty bottle of Jack Daniels in his hands.

Shawn was sitting at the kitchen table, finishing his homework for the next day. He was in the 7th grade at the time. He stood up and walked to the front door to help his dad. "Are you alr-,"

Shawn wasn't able to finish his statement as the bottle hits his brow bone. He was winded as he falls back a little. He could feel the warm blood pouring down his face. "W-Wha-."

"Th's all your fault...Your mother! A-And everything else!" His dad slurs his words as he started walking toward Shawn.

Shawn wiped his forehead and shakes his head. He was confused and flustered and his head was pounding. "Dad, I-."

His dad stepped closer, grabbing Shawn by the collar of his shirt. Shawn took a breath in, taking in the strong smell of the cologne. "Get your hands off me!"

"Watch your mouth!" His dad yelled back.

Shawn was able to get out of his dad's hold, trying to escape and get far enough away from him. He felt his dad grab his shoulder and gasp.

"Are you okay?"

Shawn jumps in his chair and blinks a few times as he looks around. He takes in his surroundings. He's sitting in his chair at his desk at the tattoo shop. He darts his eyes around the room and glances behind him to see Maverick.

He glances down at Maverick's hand placed on his shoulder. "Hm?" Shawn looks up at him. "W-What?"

"You alright, man? You're sweating bullets."

Shawn gulps and wipes his forehead before looking down at his hand, checking for blood. "Oh...Yeah. Yeah, I'm alright, sorry."

Maverick shakes his head. "You sure? How about you step out? Go get some water or something?"

Shawn nods and stands up from his desk. "Yeah...Sure okay."

Maverick watches as he walks away to the bathroom. Shawn stands in front of the mirror, taking a deep breath. He stares in the mirror, looking at the scar above his eyebrow. He shakes his head and splashes his face with water a few times.

**
Jaxon swings the car door open as Shawn picked him up from class. He throws his backpack down on the floor. He gets into the passenger seat and sighs. "I cannot wait to graduate!" He exclaims.

Shawn nods at him as he watches him get seated. Jaxon buckles his seatbelt before looking over at him. "I'm exhausted."

Shawn just smiles at him. He leans in and kisses him before putting the car into reverse to drive off. Jaxon furrows his brows, reaching out to grab his free hand. "Hey, are you alright? You're being silent."

"Hm?" Shawn shrugs. "I'm okay, babe. Just tired. Had a long day at the shop."

Jaxon nods his head in an unsure way. "Are you sure?"

"Yup," Shawn nods his head but doesn't turn to glance at Jaxon.

"You know you can talk to me, right? No secrets or whatever. I feel like something is bothering you." Jaxon tries again.

"I'm fine, princess," Shawn glances over at Jaxon this time, a smile on his face. "I just wanna go home and cuddle with you. Is that alright?"

Jaxon smiles back. "Of course."

**
Jaxon was sitting next to Shawn who was fast asleep in the bed next to him. He had a textbook in his hands as he needed to read the next chapter.

Jaxon reads over the same page about three times before shutting his book and looking at Shawn. He sighs and places his hand on his back, shaking him awake.

Shawn groans as he's awoken from his sleep. He removes the pillow that was over his head and turns to face Jaxon. "What's up?"

"Can we talk, please?" Jaxon asks.

Shawn stares at him for a few seconds because sitting up in the bed. He yawns loudly, wiping the sleep from his eyes. He leans back against the headboard with his arms crossed. "What?"

"I just wanted to ask about your day again. I-I know you just said you're tired but...You're not acting like yourself."

Shawn shakes his head and looks up at the ceiling. "How am I not acting like myself? I'm just fucking tired."

Jaxon raises his eyebrows. "Shawn...You don't have to lie to me just tell me what's going on, please."

"Nothing!" He snaps. He throws the comforter off his body and stands up. "I'm just tryna fuckin sleep!"

Jaxon watches as he grabs his pillow off the bed. Shawn rolls his eyes as he angrily exits the bedroom. Jaxon sighs and sets his textbook down, following him.

"I-I'm sorry," Jaxon starts. "You don't have to sleep on the couch."

Shawn throws his pillow down on the couch before laying down. "Don't worry about it."

Jaxon frowns and reaches out to grab Shawn's hand. Shawn's eyes shoot open and he pulls his hand back. He instantly calms down when he sees Jaxon.

He sighs and grabs Jaxon's hand. "I'm just really tired. That's all."

Jaxon nods his head. "Okay...I'm sorry."

**
Shawn had fallen back asleep after Jaxon convinced him to get back into bed. Jaxon had stepped away into the bathroom to call Gavin.

"What's up, kid?"

Jaxon sighs. "Thank god you answered. Uhm...Have you spoken to Shawn as of like...Today?"

"Uhm...He bailed on lunch but other than that...No, not really. Why? Is everything alright?"

"I don't know," Jaxon sits on the closed toilet seat, bouncing his leg up and down anxiously. "I-I don't know he's acting weird."

"How so?"

"Like...Not talking. Saying he's tired. Short tempered...I mean, just not like himself."

Gavin clears his throat. "Oh shit."

"What?" Jaxon sits up quickly and Gavin can hear the concern in his voice.

"Nothing...I mean, it's probably nothing but...When Shawn used to stay at my house after his dad would...Do something he acted the same way."

"What do you think it is, then?"

"Maybe just flashbacks? It's probably not as bad as you're thinking, Jax. Just try and be there for him the best you can."

"I-I will...I'm just worried about him and he got so angry when I asked him what was wrong."

"Just gotta be on his time. When he's ready he'll talk to you about it. You know how Shawn is."

"Yeah...You're probably right," Jaxon nods his head and takes a deep breath. "Thank you."

"No worries, kid. I'll check on him tomorrow during my break, alright?"

"Okay...Thanks again, Gav."

**