"Edulis, it's frustrating that you're wearing this false accusation. You've done everything you can to fight Bashme alone, but because the children ran into your battlefield, Methena ended up dead."

"Murjana, don't talk nonsense."

Murjana didn't stop talking. "What about Kurzina? She abandoned her faith in you and cast the Gast-Ovora spell. Leaf was able to kill her because she was deeply guilty of not trusting you. She deserved it."

Muryana's voice remained sharp as she spoke about Kurzina.

"Right. We need to wake everyone up. Wake them up and tell them the truth."

With that, Murjana turned to leave, but Edulis stopped her.

"Why are you stopping me? It's Lord Lutea's heart on the line!"

"Kurzina is a brave woman. She stood up to me for Lutea and her people. She's willing to fight the entire Astanian system tooth and nail. Who else could do that?"

Murjana scowled.

"Look at the result! What happened!"

Edulis didn't argue but continued.

"Enri, Marie, Methena, Harsh, Shuri... they are all deeply loving children. They trusted me, they came to my aid, and they crossed the barriers I created. Who else in this world could do that?"

"Because of those children, Bashme had the time to curse you, Edulis, and you lost your heart because of it!"

Edulis shook his head. "You're being short-sighted."

At that, Muryana frowned disgruntledly.

"They gave the world the courage to stand up to the witch. They spread the heart to step forward and act, regardless of one's strength or weakness, regardless of what one has to gain or lose. That is what defeats the witch's mind and brings the world of Lutea closer, so how can you think that be meaningless? Do you think it is right to break that heart to fulfill a momentary goal?"

Neither Shamas nor Laotou could speak for they knew Edulis was right.

"You're right. But then how the hell are we going to...."

***

Methena sat leaning against the shade of a rock. Her wounds were bandaged with crushed herbs, and she was quietly gazing at the sky.

"Yuri, I'll take care of Methena now. Would you mind stepping aside?"

"Raghad?"

"The sun will be up soon, Yuri, and you should get some sleep."

"Why do you want to be alone with her? Raghad, are you possibly..." Yuri laughed teasingly.

"Go to bed, Yuri."

"Okay."

But Yuri didn't comply easily. As he backed away, he shouted at the crowd.

"Wake up, everyone! Raghad is confessing his love to Methena!"

He was an immature child. Since his parents had hidden the death of Aruru, he was unable to grasp the mood. He was merely excited about a love story.

A few people were too exhausted to get up, but most rose to their feet at the sound of the words and approached Raghad. Some came out of curiosity, others out of concern.

Enri, Mari, Shuri, and Harsh also rose and came to him. They knew that Raghad was in love with Methena, and they knew that Methena felt the same way. But to confess now? After Aruru's death?

Enri looked at Raghad's face, wondering if he had lost his humanity. Raghad's face reinforced Enri's thoughts. Its bloodless, gaunt face was reminiscent of a corpse. Only the eyes shone– like a starving, wounded animal.