Pheromonial Outbursts

After the incident with Barry had been
resolved, Y/N had continued living his life with the Plantars. He had no intention of telling them of his visit to Barry a few nights ago and hoped they wouldn't find out.

But finally, life was back to normal for Y/N. Except for one thing. Perhaps it was staying in the cave in an almost complete silence but the Plantar home was unusually loud. There were multiple occasions in which Y/N had to hide away from the noise under the covers of his bed to drown it all out. Each day felt like it was louder and louder until he couldn't take it anymore.

Just a week after the Amphibia's Got Talent,
Y/N stormed into the basement and slammed the door shut while a cacophony of noise hammered into his ears.

Y/N: I can't take it! They're all so loud! I swear it was never like this before. Can't they just be quiet?

He fell into his bed and covered himself in his blanket to drown out the noise but that didn't help as Anne kicked open the door and screamed loudly.

Anne: Wooooo! What up fam? We having a party tonight!

Y/N kicked and pushed at his covers as he got up and glared at Anne.

Y/N: No! We are not having a party, we are not doing anything except being quiet and respecting the peace tonight!

Anne looked down ashamedly and mumbled a sorry. A wave of guilt washed over him as he saw how downtrodden she was.

Y/N: Sorry, sorry. It's just you've all been so loud lately and it's getting a bit on my nerves. Do you think you can tell the others to quieten down just a teensy amount?

Anne: Oh, yeah of course. Hey guys! Y/N needs you all to shut up!

Anne screamed around the house, not at all helping with the noise but after she was done, the house was quiet for a moment. Y/N looked around and sighed in relief.

Y/N: Well this will be the shortest chapter ever.

It only took a few seconds though before a loud clanging noise came from the kitchen. Y/N groaned as he trudged up the stairs and found Sprig hollering as he whacked two pans together.

Y/N: Sprig! What the hell are you doing!

Sprig: It's our banging pots together night!

Y/N: Thats not even a thing!

That night he lay in bed trying to get rid of the noise that was the entire family smacking pots and pans together. He curled his blanket around himself like a cocoon and closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep as he locked out the noise.

But as he slept, something began to change in Y/N. His body twitched violently and itched at the back of his neck. As his movements subsided from out of his neck popped a singular tuft of white and fluffy hair.

As Y/N awoke, his eyes slowly opened and blinked as he realised his blanket had still enveloped him throughout the night. He yawned and stretched his arms out, breaking through the blanket as it fell behind him as he sat up. As it did, a cloud of white specs scattered around him.

Y/N: What the? Whats this?

Just then, Anne opened the basement trapdoor with a loud slam.

Anne: Wake up, sleepyhead! Let there be light!

She opens the front door and letting in a harsh beam of sunlight. A slight gust of wind pulls through the door and some of the specs were pulled towards Anne. As she breathed in, she took in the specs and coughed before her pupils grew large and round and she stood staring at Y/N.