Grubhog Day- 1993 starring Y/N Murray

Merchant: Iced flies! Get your iced flies over here!

Anne: Carnie games? Fair food? Why can't it be like this all the time?

Y/N: No! We aren't doing a groundhog day in a chapter like this. Keep your mouth shut about time loops.

Polly: Welcome to Grubhog Day, Anne! It's the one day a year that no one works and the whole swamp cuts loose.

Frog: Whoo-hoo!

Polly: It all leads up to a big ceremony where the grubhog pops out of his official stump!

Anne: And, let me guess, predicts the weather?

Polly: How'd you know?

Y/N: Psychic Anne?

Y/N notes that down as an idea for a new chapter name.

Anne: Believe it or not, we've got the same thing in my world.

Sprig: Grubhog, schmub hog. The best part of this holiday is the vomit-inducing, death-defying, unforgettable... rides!

Anne: That's what I'm talking about.

They all laugh and walk off but before they can get far, Hop Pop jumps out the bush.

Hop Pop: Not so fast, kids!

Anne: Hop Pop, wha--What are you doing hiding in the bushes?

Y/N: Looking at frog ladies? Hop Pop you dirty rascal.

Hop Pop: Uh, I'm not quite sure myself. But never mind that. Great news! Ralphie Underbrook has the plague!

Polly: That's horrible!

Y/N: Horribly epic?

Polly and Y/N fistbumped.

Hop Pop: Oh, he'll be fine. But now, someone has to take care of the grubhog, and I volunteered you, Sprig.

Sprig: What?

Y/N: Haven't we already unwillingly sold Sprig away into an uncomfortable situation?

Hop Pop: This is a big deal. The last Plantar to do it botched the job so bad, we shunned him for life.

Anne: Botched it?

Polly: Let's just say he got hungry. And he ate it.

Anne: Ew.

Y/N: I mean, a frog's gotta eat.

Hop Pop: Isn't this exciting? You'll have to miss the fair, of course, but it's for a good cause. Come on, boy. Do it for the family. What do you say?

Sprig: Well... I, uh...Of course I will! There's nothing more important to me than family. Rides are for dum-dums anyway.

Hop Pop: That's my Sprig! I knew I could count on you. This guy, everyone! This guy!

They went into a room away from everyone where the grubhog was waiting.

Anne: Oh! He's so cute. Like a little sock puppet!

Hop Pop: Careful, It spits acid.

Y/N: The bad kind.

The grubhog squeals and spits acid at Anne which barely misses her feet and burns through the ground.

Hop Pop: Don't stare into the abyss, Anne. After all, it stares back. You got that costume on yet, boy?

Sprig groans as he shows off his frilly costume and Hop Pop's eyes go bubbly.

Hop Pop: I'm so happy I lived to see this.

He hands him a scroll and Sprig opened it and started reading.