The Bazaar Bizarre ... or was it the other way around?

The family had just been out at a library called "The Archives" to gain more knowledge about Anne's mysterious music box but to no avail, they found nothing.

Hop Pop: Well, that was a waste of time.

Anne: Ugh, you said it. Can't believe there was nothing in the archives about my music box.

Y/N: It's truly amazing that I have the ability to read though, I must admit.

Sprig: So, you really think this is your key to getting you and Y/N home?

Anne: Well, it zapped me here and I'm presuming Y/N aswell, so, yeah. It's pretty much my only lead. Really looking forward to finding someone who can help me fix this thing.

Hop Pop: Don't worry, Anne. We'll figure it out eventually.

As they continued to drive, Bessie squealed and screeched to a halt at a line of small critters crossing the road. Y/N squealed at the sight of their adorableness and crouched down to watch them up close.

Hop Pop: Hey, get outta the way, you... Whatever the heck you are.

Y/N: Hello babies. Aren't you just the cutest. Lil forest tree babies.

Y/N looked into the tree stump that the critters were emerging from and in it sat a black and red egg with an hourglass symbol on it.

Y/N: An egg! I'm a momma! Worry not my little one, I shall keep you safe from this world. Man I always had the feeling this was how I would get my first child.

Hop Pop: Thats no baby egg, Y/N. Thats a ticket for the Bizarre Bazaar.

Anne: The what now?

Y/N: The Bazaar Bizarre?

Sprig: The Bizarre Bazaar. I've never been, but I've heard stories. It's a mysterious night market that passes through once a year. Exotic foods, games, mysterious treasures.

Anne: Really? Maybe someone there will know how my music box works.

Hop Pop: Hold up! From what I've heard, that bazaar is full of greedy degenerates. Wave that thing around, and it'll get stolen for sure. Tell you what. I'll reach out to some frogs I know and see if they know a thing about your music chest.

Anne: Box.

Hop Pop: That, too.

Anne: All right, fine.

Hop Pop plucked the egg out of Y/N's hands and put it in his coat pocket as Y/N climbed onto Bessie's saddle.

Hop Pop: Finally. Let's go. Hyah! Hyah!

He whipped at Bessie's reins and she slithered down the road. As they did, Anne and Y/N whispered quietly to each other.

Y/N: We're definitely going to have a wacky hijinxical adventure in the Crazy Carnival, right?

Anne: Obvi.

Late that night when all were asleep, Anne and Y/N crept out of the house after taking the ticket from a sleeping Hop Pop, not being the first time they robbed the old geezer while he slept.

Anne: Yeah-uh! Bizarre Bazaar, here we come. Okay, which way?

Y/N: Maybe we have to nuture this egg until it hatches and then the little baby from inside will show us?

Anne: Mhm, mhm. Go sit on it then.

Y/N looked hesitantly for a moment but placed it on the floor. As soon as he put his weight on it, the top smashed open and Y/N sobbed loudly.

Y/N: My baby! Nooooo!

Anne: There there, Y/N. Maybe thats how you hatch the egg?

Y/N: Anne ... how on earth would smashing the egg open make a live creature come out of the egg?