Y/N's gone mad

Y/N was downstairs in the basement one day resting in his bed. He had just found the ultimate sleeping spot and was ready to sleep but just as he began to drift off, he was awoken by a loud argument coming from upstairs.

Anne: Look, dude, all I'm saying is that where I'm from you could get arrested for having a couch this firm.

Hop Pop: Back in my day we didn't have furniture. We sat on rocks. Sharp ones.

Y/N covered his head with a pillow, trying to snuff the noise out.

Anne: Ok. But if I get butt blisters, I'm blaming you.

Hop Pop: Back in my day we called those "character."

As the day went on, Y/N had emerged from the basement as his peace was disturbed. He went out to help Hop Pop, Anne and Sprig with the chores. Sprig was raking the grass and Y/N was using his claws to cut down hedges. Anne walked out the front door carrying a box of turnips.

Anne: So ... heavy.

Hop Pop: Mind the flagstone.

Anne tripped on the flagstone on her way down the stairs and fell, emptying the box of turnips on the floor. Hop Pop started collecting the turnips.

Hop Pop: Back in my day, kids spent less time complainin' and more time watching their step.

Anne: Yeah? Well, where I'm from people fixed their crummy houses.

Hop Pop gasped.

Hop Pop: This house is like family! You apologise!

Anne: To a house?

Y/N groaned in frustration at their constant bickering. Later that day, he was sat downstairs in the living room playing cards with Polly.

Y/N: Got any 4's?

Polly: Snap?

Y/N: Do you even know how to play cards?

Polly: Do you?

Y/N stared at the round sentient ball.

Y/N: Touché.

A loud thud came from the upstairs bathroom.

Anne: Where I'm from, we didn't rush people in the bathroom!

There came another loud thud.

Hop Pop: Well, back in my day we didn't have a bathroom!

There was another thud.

Anne: Stop hitting the door with a battering ram!

Hop Pop: It's been two hours!

Y/N threw down his cards in frustration and screamed.

Y/N: I can't take it anymore!

Polly: They're just getting used to each other. It's not a big deal.

Y/N: All this shouting! It's driving me up the wall!

At that time, Y/N had clung to the wall with his claws. He let himself go and fell onto the couch.

Y/N: Ok wow, yeah thats a firm couch. My point is, it all has to stop otherwise nothing is gonna get done around here! If we don't do something now it won't be long before their bickering tears this family apart.

Polly: I still think we should just give them time. Not like we have a lot of options. You can't force people to get along.

Polly's sentence had just given Y/N an idea. His eyes narrowed and a devilish smirk came across his face.