The IRS will never get my taxes

The Plantars were at the Grub&Go market doing their grocery shopping. As Hop Pop lead the gang down each aisle, Y/N tried his best not to puke at the rows of squashed and deceased bugs.

Hop Pop: Oh! Pill bugs are on sale.

Anne: Ooh! That reminds me. I'm gonna go grab some of that beetle jerky I like. Can't believe I just said that.

Hop Pop: Okay, kiddo. See ya outside.

Anne went off to get her beetle jerky as Hop Pop pushed a bunch of pill bugs in his trolley.

Y/N: Hop Pop, why do we have to buy these? Why can't we just get them for free? We need them to survive.

Hop Pop: Well thats just how the world works, Y/N. You gotta pay to survive.

Y/N: Well that doesn't seem fair. Why can't everyone just do small jobs and earn necessities based off how much they did. We as the working class should be equal to those on higher tiers, rather than some pyramid scene based around theoretical power!

Y/N stood ontop of the mountain of pill bugs and raised his fist.

Y/N: Join me, brethren and we can take over the cruel dictatorship that leads us!

The frogs in the store all looked at him confusedly and carries on with their business. Y/N sighed and stood down from the cart.

Hop Pop: Dang it, boy, what did I tell you about trying to start Froggunism. Oh, all this talk about money reminds me, when we get back home I'll be having a talk to you about one of world's many joys: taxes.

Polly: I will pray for you.

Y/N wailed loudly as Hop Pop finished his shopping and they sat on Bessie, waiting for Anne to come back out. When she did, she looked very embarrassed with her face a deep shade of red as she heaved herself onto Bessie's back.

Sprig: So did you get the beetle jerky you--Hey, what's wrong?

Y/N: Uh oh, looks like its her time on month.

Sprig: What?

Y/N: I dunno, these teen dramas that she's been showing me haven't been helping with my human knowledge.

Anne: It's just...I've been here over a month now, and the townspeople still treat me crummy. I just wish they were a little nicer.

Hop Pop: Oh, that's just the way these frogs are. Slow to accept, and even slower to respect. It's actually our town motto.

Hop Pop gestured over to an archway where above it read: "Welcome to Wartwood. Slow to accept and even slower to respect"

Anne: You'll find a way to get their respect, in your own weird Anne way. Now, who wants pill bug pancakes?

Anne: Ooh! My favorite. I've been here too long.

As they rode through the village, a new statue of Mayor Toadstool kissing a baby pollywog with someone who resembled Sprig holding the pollywog up to him.

Hop Pop: Well, that statue's new.

Sprig: And tasteless. Woof!