Chapter 12

My heart is beating too fast. I'm in this annoying bed, yet again. My leg is sore now. Arm is finally much better, now for something else to be wrong.

This all is lovely, just lovely. A beautiful day to be held captive in a boring and dark room, all alone. I need a better plan to get out of here.

If I had built any trust with the king, it is surely gone now. I sigh the biggest sigh ever and roll onto my stomach, letting the blanket muffle my breathing. If I'm in a coma they should let me be home, or, permanently injured.

There's a knock on the door, one I haven't heard in a while. There is no will in me to talk. This has never happened before, I love talking. I must be broken.

As expected, footsteps appear beside the bed, walking next to me. I watch him. He always appears at the strangest times. He hovers over me, not saying anything.

"You know... when you knock, you're supposed to wait for the person to open the door and allow you in."

He shakes his head before laying on the bed next to me with his ankles crossed and his hands intertwined under his head.

"What happened, princess?"

I would roll over, away, but there is nothing left in me. I feel paralyzed, horrible. These voices in my mind tell me I'm stuck here forever; I'll never see my family again. I'll be between these 4 walls forever.

"Princess?" He sits up and hovers over me. "Did you lose your voice in the past moment?"

I nod, a stupid grin growing on my face. The more I try to hide it, the worse it gets.

"You're such a little liar, always lying, aren't you?"

I shake my head. My face hurts now. He shakes his head before laying back down. I turn to look at him, the stupid hood is in the way. Even the sun won't help me.

"Why is there a wrap on your leg?"

"I fell off the bed."

He sighs. "See, liar. You need a better coverup."

"I walked into a dresser."

"Not good enough, you're a bad liar. I would have assumed you would at least be good since you lie a lot. Say... you dropped a candle, and it burned you."

"What? That doesn't make sense and there's not a singular candle here."

He shrugs. "No one here pays attention to things anyways. You could claim a unicorn stabbed you and they would believe it."

"Unicorns are too nice for that."

How great? Now I miss the unicorns at home. This is all- just lovely, quite lovely indeed.

"How do you know?"

"Because I have one? Actually a few."

He turns to me, so unbelievably fast that I'm surprised he didn't snap his neck.

"Can you summon them?"

"I don't think so. Are there no unicorns here or something?"

"No. We have Pegasus."

"Really? Can I see them? I have never seen one before."

He stays quiet for some time. I thought he fell asleep, but he gets off the bed and holds his hand out to me. I give him my hand and he pull me up. This grisly sensation immediately spreads from my lower leg to the higher part, stopping at my waist. I fall back on the bed. So fun.

He stands beside me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothin'."

He sighs before picking me up and walking out the room. I should get carried around more often, this is fun.

"What if the Pegasus doesn't like me and I get trampled and die?"

"Then you die," he whispers. "...fuck."

He turns back around, quickly walking away. I lean on his chest and hear his heart beating too fast. I'm on the right side, it's so loud.

"What's wrong?"

He kicks open the door to the room, closes it when we're inside and locks it. He sets me on the bed before walking in the bathroom and turning on the waterfall, closing the door and walking back. He lifts up the window and looks outside, leaning over the end before walking back. He runs his hands through his hair. It hangs everywhere. He adjusts the hood.

"I fell off the bed. Now get on my back."

"What?"

He squats in front of me, back against the edge of the bed.

"You heard me, those ears aren't huge for nothing."

Okay then. I scoot forward and wrap myself around him. Doing that with pants wasn't the best idea. He wraps his arms under my knees and quickly walks over to the window, opening it more. I hear footsteps in the hallway.

He crawls over the windowsill and stands on the ledge, one hand holding on the inside wall and the other holding on the window edge. My heart drops when I look down. We're so high in the air. This doesn't help with anything. I hide my face against the back of his shoulder.

He closes the window the same time there is a knock. He holds onto the ledge and puts his feet on the bricks. There is barely any ledge on them. This is petrifying. I stop looking at everything.

My hands hit the wall every now and then, my feet too. I try to keep them adjacent with my legs and not having the heels of my feet hit him. At least I'm not wearing any shoes, it would be even harder.

After some time, it stops, I hear his feet hit the ground. I look around and see trees. They look like the trees I've walked through multiple times the past few sunsets.

He puts his hands back under my knees and walks to the right, the opposite direction of the forest. Is he going to the open field?

"Why did we run away? Are you hiding from someone?"

"No."

"Is there a bounty on you?"

"No."

Instead of going to the little pond area or going straight, he stays against the walls of the hill under the castle.

"You're very secretive."

"You're a liar."

I look at the sky. It's covered in clouds. The sun keeps disappearing every once in a while. I wish I could disappear every once in a while, from this place. He runs his hand over the bandage on my calf.

"Tell me what happened, princess."

I sigh. The memory hurts me. Freedom left the tips of my fingers, the gasp I had was lost.

"I almost got away from here... I was almost free- then I got shot in the leg."

"By whom?"

"The prince... A few moments before, I swear he was telling me to go but as soon as I did, he shot me. He walked towards me with the coldest expression in his eyes. He seemed so unbothered. I was so scared. I also lost my honey."

A/N: How is everyone?? :D

Who do y'all think he was running from?