Chapter 4

It's been 3 days. The weight in my stomach keeps growing. This bed is making me restless. There's nothing to do, nowhere to go.

I'm a mess, physically, mentally and emotionally. Twice a day, a servant will bring me some food. Then I don't see anyone else. They don't stay long either, don't even say hi.

My poor parents are probably having panic attacks every minute, they could be going mad.

When the man took me back to the room he gave me my sandwich. It was the last thing I had. None of the food here has honey on it. Honey is the best thing ever.

Should have stayed in my room that night. Kian and I could have been pranking the other guards right now. We could be scaring Caleb for the 8 hundredth time right now. I could be telling ma that I found a husband to give her a scare.

There's a knock on the door. Maybe this time it isn't locked. I get up and try to open the door.

"It's locked..." Who would have thought?

"Are you sure?" A familiar voice says from inside the room.

I turn around so quickly I'm surprised my back didn't break. He's sitting on the corner of the bed with his arms crossed.

He's back. I'm not alone.

"Where have you been? I was so lonelyyyyyyyyyy."

I walk over to the bed and flop on it. Now I'm smothered by blankets and can hardly breath.

"I was busy, princess."

I roll onto my left side to face him. Careful not to put too much pressure on my arm. It doesn't hurt as much.

"Okay stranger. Who are you?"

He turns around and faces me. The sunlight from the window isn't strong enough to show his face. This isn't fair.

"Someone. Who do you think I am?"

"Someone."

He sighs and stands up. "The king wants you. This time to plan the attack on your kingdom."

This will put my acting career to the test. I don't have one. Actually, this will tell me if I should get one or not. I feel like puking. Who would have thought being a princess was so hard?

He holds his hand out. I grab it and he pull me to my feet. He opens the door. How?

We walked the same path as before and when we got in the throne room he took me to the right side, to one of 2 doors. He opens it and walks away.

Why didn't he stay? My nerves are a wreck. I slowly walk in the room. Maybe this is all a dream. I hope it's a dream.

The room has dark blue walls, black baseboards and crown molding, black pillars in each corner of the room. A giant wooden table in the middle. The legs curl inward at the top and then outward at the bottom. 6 chairs around the table. The king at the head and a little boy with light blonde hair and blue eyes next to him.

I close the door and walk over. On the table is a map, my map. He stole my map. How dare he. Next to mine is a bigger map that has actual things on it. Mine has 2 x's and a line between them. I bow when I get close enough. He does too and gestures for me to sit in the chair next to him, so I do.

"How has your stay here been?"

If I had a knife and enough bravery, I would stab him and run.

"It's been great, sir. The people here are so nice and this place is so fun, the food is also amazing."

He smiles like some proud guy who has worked really hard at this. It must have been very hard kidnapping me. I am such a dangerous gal.

He gestures to the little boy who is preoccupied staring at the maps and tracing the lines.

"This is my youngest son, Killian. My other son will be here soon, and we will make a plan."

I nod. He thinks he can make me give him the kingdom I will rule in the future, well he had another thing coming.

Sadly, it isn't a smack to the face. A girl can dream though.

My poor dress has been through hell. The layers are folded in and over themselves. The corset keeps shifting to the side. A few threads have loosened. The ribbons are splitting. I like this dress.

After waiting for a long time and listening to the little boy ramble on and on about random things, the doors open. I turn around and see the most gorgeous man I ever did see.

He has pale skin, white hair, very pale blue eyes and 2 white horns. He has the softest cheeks and nose, a nice jawline, long eyelashes and jewelry covering his ears and horns. His hair is shorter in the front and gets longer in the back. He's wearing a suit. All black but a dark red vest.

He looks really nice. Oh goodness.

"This is my son, Prince Sylvian." The king says very happily.

I quickly get up and bow to him, he bows to me too. He walks to the other side of the table, next to his brother and sits down. I do too.

I thought my nerves were a mess earlier. What is this considered? I am a whole mess. The prince doesn't seem to be really thrilled being here. Me neither, pal.

The king stands up. We all got up except for the little brother. Why is he here? He doesn't look old enough to fight in a war... or do anything besides play in dirt.

The queen must be busy or something.

The king points towards my map. "What are these Xs?"

I point at the one in the middle. "That's Crysanthia, sir." I point to the other one at the bottom. "That's the nearest human city."

He rolls up my map and hands it to me.

"Have it back. It is useless."

I grabbed it. My map is amazing.

He pulls the other one to the center of the table and points to a circle. "Here is Crysanthia. And here is where we are." He points to the x on the other side of the map. He then traces the dotted line between the two shapes. "This is the route we will take, and we will attack your kingdom through the back. Sounds good?"

No evil king will be this nice. He wants information out of me, so I'll give it to him.

"Sir, that wouldn't work."

"Why not?"

I point at the circle. "The back of the palace is heavily guarded and not the front."

"Why is that?"

He's doubting me. I'm the one that grew up here, not him.

"Because, sir, no one would expect behind the palace to be guarded, since it's dark and quiet back there. Since the front has all the villagers, lights and noise, any attackers wouldn't risk it and are scared away."

"Shouldn't the villagers be protected? Any invaders will get confused and murdered."

"Exactly."

His dusty face lights up.

"Oh, that's genius. It's a good thing you're here or we would get killed."

Fool. Who believes something that stupid? He changes the lines or redraws them.

I look up and make eye contact with him. He's so gorgeous I can't look away. His eyes are so pretty. Grayish light blue with white specs in them. They sparkle in a way I've never seen before. His eyelashes and eyebrows are slightly darker than his soft looking hair. His nose has a light pink blush and his cheeks. His lips are soft pink. His horns have little ridges and the one bends around and behind his head, curving down. The other one is broken halfway.

How can a horn break? I've only met a handful of elves with horns and they're very hard to chip, let alone break.

He looks at the top of my arm. I quickly look away when I hear movement with the paper. The king is rolling it up and tying a ribbon around it.

"Now, you're going to-"

A/N: Hii everyone, I hope y'all are okay :)

Let me know what you think.