Chapter 8

That belief leaves me as I stand here, in the throne room, catching up from the meeting I should have been at yesterday.

The king is going over what they talked about yesterday. The timing, how many days for whatever, how to prepare, all that stuff. The youngest prince isn't here.

The older one won't look in my direction. He is stoic, very stiff. He doesn't wish to be here. He leans on the chair with his jaw in his hand, and elbow on the chair arm. He has his ankles crossed and is staring at the steps.

". . . Next on the agenda, Princess Vivienne."

I turn my attention back on the king. Why did he say my name? He was talking to me the whole time.

"Sylvian is going to train you to fight for the next few days till he sees fit. Understood?"

My heart stops. I nod.

The king smiles and stands up.

"Wonderful! The guards will take you to the seamstress so you can get proper clothes. You will start tomorrow. Guards, take her to the seamstress."

The doors behind me open. I quickly bow to them and turn around before the guards get a chance to drag me out. Only one takes me this time.

He takes me through a hallway I've never seen before. It is a smaller version of the other one. The guard is still lifeless. Are they being mind-controlled? That would be so sad.

After a long walk, through corridors, down some stairs and through another corridor, the guard knocks on a black, wooden door. After a few moments it creaks open.

A dark tan woman with black hair and dark green eyes is on the other side. She is gorgeous. She's wearing a dress that is dark green with tons of frills on it. The sleeves are very wide at the openings and are longer than her arms. Her hair is curly and to her waist.

She bows. The way she moves is seamless, elegant. Perfect.

"Good noon, her highness. I have some outfit ideas. Would you care to see?"

Anything to get away from the guard. He can go back to his spot next to the door and not be happy or talkative. I nod and walk in the room. The lovely lady closes the door.

I hear the guard walk away. Now my ears work, only when people are walking away. Not any other time, of course.

"Her highness, this is my husband, Darian." She gestures to a man sitting on a chair against the wall. He court nods at me, I wave back. "And my name is Luna. It is a pleasure to help you. Is there a certain type of outfit you want?"

She is so formal. The only time I ever heard of anyone being this formal is in a book.

"Whatever you think is best for a war. I have no idea. Don't be super formal either."

She nods with a splendid smile on her face and waves her husband away. He bows to me and leaves.

These elves are more formal than everyone at home. Well also, I didn't grow up with them. I need to get home soon.

"Here are some sketches that I drew out earlier, after I was noticed about making you your clothes. Do you like any?"

I walk over to the desk she is at. There are 3 scrolls held down with candles, rocks and other various items. One drawing is of a dress with tons of pockets hidden under the layers. Another is pants and a long sleeve shirt. It has angel sleeves. I love angel sleeves. There is a belt with attachments and things. The 3rd one is a skintight jumpsuit. It is beautiful but the back and front are very low.

I don't want people to be distracted by my back when I fall and break my leg. I point at the 2nd one. It has my heart.

"Is there anything you want to change about it, ma'am?"

"Add a skirt and make the collar v shaped."

She nods, grabbing the quill off the desk and fixing the sketch. Her quill is yellow. It is so refreshing to see some color in this dark place. After some time, she holds up the scroll, excitement all over her beautiful features.

"This is beautiful."

She squeals and claps her hands together. "What colors do you want? I have all of them, everything you could ever imagine."

I would ideally pick white, but this is going to be a war, not a pretty dress to wear. I have to blend in more.

"Camo. Can you add a hood too?"

She nods, adding adjustments to the sketch.

We spent the next few hours making the outfit. We've decided on normal black pants and an off-shoulder shirt with a black coat. She also made a belt for the pants. I've never seen a belt made before. It was so cool. This is so cool. I also got these cool gloves and boots.

I should wear the coat next time I see mystery man so I can match him. She had to make the hood big for my stupid ears.

The sun has set now. I can't see the field out the window anymore.

I have many plans now. I had many before but now I have many more.

Me and Luna talked the whole time too. She told me she married Darian last year. They had known each other since they were children. She talked about her dreams to move from the castle and into her own little house, to start a family with Darian. They want at least 3 kids, a rabbit and a gold crested, moon phenix.

Afterwards, she folds up the clothes, puts everything in a cotton bag. She gives it to me.

"Do you know how to get back to your room?"

"Yes. Thank you, I hope everything works out for you and you live your dream life."

Her smile grows. "Aw, thank you love. I hope you get to your kingdom nice and safe."

I hope so too. I walk back to the room through the dark, eerie hallways. There is no one here, not a sound to be heard or a soul to be seen. Hopefully everyone is having good dreams right now.

The moon highlights only one side of everything I pass.

A/N: How are y'all?