Chapter 2

Everything is fuzzy. My arm feels sore and has pressure on some part of it. Under me it is soft but the air is not the same. This is not the same softness as at home. Where am I?

I must not have done well on my little trip. It doesn't make sense. There wasn't a singular noise in the area around me, only inside the walls.

After laying here, on this bed I believe, in silence for a long time a door creaks open nearby. Oh boy, what's going to happen now?

Maybe ma and pa fake kidnapped me to teach me something.

Unfamiliar footsteps approach the end of the bed away from me. Lying still is so hard. I'm mortified. My bed at home had the right idea.

"Wake up, the king wishes to see you, princess." A male says.

What happens if I don't move? What if I do? I could fight this guy and run away. My map will take me home.

. . .

I don't feel the map. I swear if anyone ate my sandwich, they're going to be sorry. Can't a gal have her sandwich and map in peace?

The footsteps round the bed, stopping in front of where I face. Every part of me is on high alert.

After waiting a second in dreadful silence, I swing my leg at this stranger and crawl to the other side as fast as possible, standing on the other side. My arm feels like it's going to fall off, even with the bandages around it. I hold it so it stays attached and look around.

There is a door to the right, behind me. The guy in the room is gone. He must have fallen over. My legs are strong as hell.

I take my shoes off and run over to the door but stop once someone appears in front of it. This must be the guy. He has a hood covering himself, all of him is covered. Even a mask covering the bottom of his face.

I take a few steps back, full of panic. There isn't enough time to open a window and jump. I would admire the beautiful room if it didn't feel like I'm going to die.

"Princess don't make this hard on yourself. You're injured. Come on."

His face is so hard to see. He's a little taller than me. An arm injury doesn't affect me running away from here. Oh my, why did I have ro be curious?

He opens the door, standing to the side.

"You can try and run away, possibly get lost, murdered or trapped somewhere."

Those are horrifying alternatives. My feet feel cemented to the ground. Something is stopping me.

"That's what I thought. Let's go."

I throw my shoes on the floor in front of me so they're easier to put on. I follow the hooded stranger out the room. The hallway matches the room.

The walls are dark gray, black wall trim and crown molding. The floors are giant, dark gray, granite blocks. The ceiling is in the shape of a slightly arched triangle. Metal beams go from one wall to another every few feet, another beam connecting the middle to the ceiling. The windows are ceiling high and tinted black. They have black lines throughout them, varying in size. The thickest one goes down the middle, smaller ones making squares in the windows. On the top of them is triangle shaped with circles in the middle, There's smaller triangles in the circles. The window frames are thick, metal curving out at each corner and pointing out from each other.

Outside of the windows is a ton of land filled with buildings. They match this hallway but are simpler. They have fencing on the roofs,

After the longest time, the man opens giant, black, double doors, ignoring the guards next to them. The guards don't move, flinch or change their breathing. They stay completely still like statues.

Inside the room is massive. There is a giant dark red carpet that starts at the doors that lead to the end of the room. It looks like the hallway but bigger and more dramatic.

The man stops walking. I almost walked into him.

"Stay here."

I nod even though he can't see me. He keeps walking. He goes up the 3 steps before sitting on the 3rd one. Behind him are 2 dark wooden chairs with dark red cushioning. They must like dark red and black here.

This palace, I think, is the opposite of mine and about twice as huge. It is also much quieter here. At home there's always piano music playing. It's so quiet here.

Dead silent.

The doors behind me open. The man stands up and bows. I turn around. There is a man that's somewhat tall with gray hair and brown eyes. He has a crown on and a dark red robe with black lining around it.

I bow too.

He walks excruciatingly slow. Oh, my goodness, walk faster. After forever he finally sits on the throne chair. The man with the hood sits back down atop the step.

"Princess Vivienne."

"Yes?" I hate this. I hate all of this. Why should I be respectful to him if he kidnapped me? I should sit here, facing away and ignoring him but I was raised better.

"I want you to join me in taking over your kingdom, in return I won't hurt your family or people. Right about now they should have noticed your absence."

This can't be happening. We never fought anyone, never had any problems. My parents have done the best they can at keeping peace with everyone. I feel heavy and disgusted.

I nod. The old git smiles. This is all repulsing.

"Good. Guards, take her back."

The man with the hood is gone. Wooden doors open and the 2 guards from earlier come over, standing on each side of me. They're holding black spears with gold blades. I follow them.

They have bad hospitality here. "Can I go home? I won't tell anyone anything. I actually don't know where I am or who anyone is. Never heard of a place with this many dark colors."

They keep walking as if I never said anything or acknowledge my presence. After some time one of them opens a door. I see the familiar colors and walk in.

The walls are dark gray, maybe a blue tint. The ceiling is flat with beams making squares. The floor has the same granite blocks as the hallway. The theme in this place is consistent.

I look through the windows that are sealed shut and have the same pattern as the ones in the hallway. The ground is so far away, there would be no way I'd survive.

Should have gone to bed when I had the chance.

Now, where am I?

A/N: Who is the mystery guy? What do you think of the king?