Chapter twenty: An old friend.

As soon as we got to Levi's car I went to sit in the back.

"You. In the front." He demanded.
"No." I answered.
He looked at me with a offended look and said.
"Now!"

I got into the passenger seat and slammed the door hard.
He looked at me with a fierce look and said.

"Are you out of your mind? This isn't my car!"
"Calm down! It was the wind you idiot!"
"Don't tell me to calm down! I'm literally so angry with you!" He shouted.
"Stop yelling at me before I hit you!" I threatened him and crossed my arms.
"I'll..." Before we could continue our fight Mia stopped us.
"Stop! You're acting like a married couple!"
"Ew! Me with him?" I pretended I was going to throw up.
"Just go we're late."

{-}

As soon as we arrived I got out of the car and went to leave quickly and Levi pulled me by the arm.

"Can you tell me what I did wrong?" He said calmly waiting for an explanation.

I was sure Levi was nothing like his father and I wanted him in my life.
I smiled and said.

"You didn't do anything on the promise. Let's just forget about it. And besides you never told me what I did wrong in the hospital."
"I want to know if I did something that hurt you." He said with a look of distress.
He hadn't stopped holding me since he stopped me so I pulled him to go inside.

I went to the back of the restaurant that was ver close to the water and had several Uprep kids. I began to search with my eyes for the others but what I saw was not what I expected.

"Chase?" I whispered to myself after seeing the boy I was talking about a few hours ago in Mia.
I stood frozen in one spot looking at him until he turned his gaze back to me.
I quickly took my eyes off him so he wouldn't know I was looking at him.

"Who's that?" Levi asked me.
"Who?" I replied to him nervously.
"You know who." He raised his eyebrow without my having time to answer he said.
"I'm going to find the others when you decide to come you'll be welcome." And he walked away angrily.

I turned my back to him and opened my purse and pulled out my cell phone for Mia to come find me. As I dallied her number a familiar voice came from behind me.
"Hello there!" I knew who it was... I turned hesitantly.
"Oh! Hello!" I held out my hand but he rejected it, looking at me curiously. Instead he gave me a tight hug.
I stayed for a while looking into his eyes. His blond hair was as neat as ever and his blue eyes stared into my soul as always..
"When you said you were moving, did you mean you were moving here?" He asked me in surprise.
"Yeah why?"
"I have a house here and we come here for our holidays every year."

A shiver ran through my heart.
How stupid was I?
If I had known he had a house in Salmon Arm I would have handled things between us completely differently. Maybe I would've tried. Maybe we could be together.

"Really?"
"Yes! And we're even arranging to come on holiday at Christmas."
Something inside me snapped when I found out I was going to see him again.
"That's great news." I said hesitantly.

I took a step back and hit someone.

Levi's POV:

"Who's your lil friend?" I said with my crispy voice.
"I was about to ask you the same thing actually." Chase said menacingly.

I was about to hit the look on his face out of him.
Celyn kept looking at me desperately.

"Chase this is Levi.. Levi this is Chase. I'm sure you two will get along with each other very well but for now I'd like to have some time alone with Chase if that's okay." Celyn said and walked away.

I stopped Chase before he followed her and said.

"Give me one reason to think that you may hurt Celyn's feelings. One wrong move and I'll make sure she won't be able to recognize your face ever again." I threatened him.

He seemed to be frightened.

"Are you coming?!" Celyn shouted.

Before he took off I saw a smirk on his face.
If it wasn't for her I would have hit him already.

Celyn's POV:

We were sitting on some steps that were secluded from the right side of the store and for the first time in a long time I felt beautiful in a romantic way.

"You look beautiful in this dress." He said and picked up my strap that had fallen.
"Thank you. You look good yourself." I complemented him back.
"I always knew you had good style." His hand from the strap went to my cheek.

When I heard that sentence I was sad because it was Marcus's birthday present to me.
If someone had told me a year ago I'd wear someone's birthday present to their funeral, I wouldn't believe them.

"I wasn't the one who picked it..." I replied looking down.
"It doesn't matter, it looks great on you."

Without expecting it with his hand still on my face he pulled me in and kissed me.
I felt confused.
I felt like I wanted for this to happen but at the same time I felt like we shouldn't be doing that.

After we kissed he seemed to pretend that nothing happened.

"What do you think would happen between us if I never moved from seattle?" I asked him eagerly for his answer.
"We would be together and two years from now I would marry you." He said in a serious tone.

I couldn't tell if he meant it.

"Haha, how sweet! Now for real what do you think would happen?"
"I'm not kidding. I liked you very much and you were the first girl and the only one I've ever seen seriously in my life."

Something was going wrong though I couldn't figure out what.

"Do you still like me?"
"Do you?"
"I dunno."
"I still think about you sometimes."

I felt a weird vibe all of a sudden.

"I'll go get us something to drink. What would you like?" I stood up.
"Whatever you want." He said dryly.

As I was walking to the bar I was stopped by Sebastian and the others. Levi seemed to be waiting to leave.

"Hey! You didn't even came to greet us. You left directly with this guy. How are you?" Jun said somewhat mischievously.
"Sorry, I got carried away." I smiled.
"How mature! You getting carried away at someones memorial party." Levi said angrily.
"Uhm! What did you just say?"
"What you didn't hear me repeat."
"Guys stop! Come on let's go." Theo said.
"I'll pretend I didn't hear it for Marcus's sake. I'll come find you guys later." I left to go get our drinks.

As I was waiting to be served I saw Chase walking outside. Or maybe... Leaving?

"Chase!" I called out to get his attention but to no avail.

I would wait for the drinks and then follow him out.

After 3 minutes I took the drinks and slowly walked out.