Niall quickly shook his head. "I know somebody who can take it."

The doctor raised an eyebrow. "Can they come pick it up? I don't trust you to give it to them."

Niall sighed and pulled out his phone. Then he relized he didn't have Liam's number saved. He cursed himself before remembering That Liam had texted Louis, and that the older boy might still have the number in his phone.

"I don't have his number, But My friend outside does. Can he cone back in?" Niall suggested. He already felt bad about leaving Louis outside to fend for himself, maybe inviting him in would do some good.

The doctor nodded. "Thays fine. I only asked him to leave becaise I wasn't sure if he knew about the scars."

The doctor opened the door and an agitated Louis walked back in. "What the hell were you talking about that I wasn't invited in for? I thoight I was jist being asked to leave for a moment and you jist leave me out there for ages!"

Niall frowned slightly. "Its okay Louis. You were only out there for like five minutes."

Louis humpved. "I don't care. What if she had tried to sexually assault you or something?"

Niall laughed a bit, But on the inside hew as blaming homself for letting them make Louis leave. He should have thoight about his friends feelings. "She's a doctor Louis, she isn't going to assault me."

"She could have. Why did you finally let me in anyways?" He asked.

"Oh yeah." Niall remembered the purpose for letting his friend in the room in the first place. "Do you have Liam s number by any chance?"

Louis nodded. "Yeah. But what for?"

Niall sighed. He hated explaining how his stupid habit kept getting him into unavoidable situations. "They're putting some stupid braces on my wrists so the skin will heal. They need two people to keep the keys. I need to see if Liam will take one."

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Who gets the other one?"

"I was figuring you..." Niall felt bad for assuming, and mentally cursed himself for making assumptions.

Louis reached over and ruffled his hair. "Of course Niall. I was just making sure." He handed Niall his phone. "He's saved under 'Nialls Boyfriend'."

Niall blushed under the gaze of the nurse who had been so convinced that Louis and Niall were dating. He shot Liam a quick text, hoping that this would be easy and he vould just get it over with.

To: Nialls Boyfriend
Hey, Its Niall, can you meet me at the hospital?

"So you two actually aren't dating?" The nurse asked?

Louis burst out laughing, but tried to control himself, remembering his earlier theory that Niall might have a crush on him. "No, we aren't dating. But neither are him and Liam. Who do you ship.

Niall looked down at Louis' phone as the screen lit up to reveal a new message.

From: Nialls Boyfriend
What happened? Why are you on Louis' phone? Is Louis okay? Don't worry, I'm on my way.

"Hm...I haven't seen the other guy, but the two of you look like you would make a cute couple." The nurse commented, and Niall rolled his eyes.

To:Nialls Boyfriend
Everything is fine, Louis is standing right next to me arguing with a nurse about my relationship status, asking who she ships me with, him or you. I jist need somwone to keep a key for my wrist braces.

"We really would, wouldn't we? And we've been best friends forever, and that adds to the likelihood." Louis agreed, not even trying to contradict the nurse.

From: Nialls Boyfriend
If every thing is fine, Why are you in the hospital? And what kind of wrist braces have locks?

From: Nialls Boyfriend
I ship Larry, so I ship us more than you and Louis.

"So if you agree, why is this guy's saved as his boyfriend in your contact list?" The nurse asked.

To: Nialls Boyfriend
I had a bit of a run in with some bullies and didn't want Louis' mom to see my wrists, so I had Louis drive me here to deal with the injuries. He knows about the svars, which are incidentally what the braces are for and why they have to lock. Somwthing about the skin on my wrists being weak and needing a chance to heal.

To: Nialls Boyfriend
I ship Larry more than is healthy, and being in a relationship with Louis would jist be weird. So I guess I ship us over me and Louis too.

"Because Niam is almost likely real." Louis said very nonchalantly. The nurse gave him the weirdest look, but their staring match was interrupted by Liam walking in.

"Um...I was told to come here, something about wrist braces?" He was adorably unsure of himself, but Niall pushed the thought to the back of his mind.

"Yes, of course. Niall jist needs you to keep this key so he can't break into the wrist braces before his wrists have had time to heal. Patients have been known to break into the braces before, and it can completely offset the very bone we are trying to--" she started lying, knowing this was Nialls secret if he wanted it kept.

"He knows." Both Niall and Louis chorused.

"Oh. Um, If you know about his habit, it might not be a shock to you that the skin on his wrists and forearms is torn up a little bit beyond repair. We want to guve it some time to heal up before it gets any worse." The doctor explained.

"Right, and you domt want him to get into the braces and cut the skin." Liam confirmed.

"Yes, and this brave requires two keys, so you'll have to keep one and Louis here can keep one." The nurse explained.

"Okay, let's go ahead and put them on him." Liam suggested. It took about ten minutes for them to lock everything up comfortably for Niall. He hated them for this, but soon evwrything was in order, and Louis and Liam were handed their keys.

"Now make sure Niall doesn't get his hands on those. It's important.that His wrists have time to heal." The doctor reminded them on the way out. They were only about two steps outside the door when Liam took the small silver key he had been given and swallowed it, looking Niall straight in the eye.

"What am I going to tell my parents?" Niall asked suddenly.

"You can stay at my house again tonight." Liam recommended.

"Yeah, I know, but after that?" He asked.

"Tell her you fell off stage and sprained your wrists." Louis suggested.

"She would never believe I would do anything on stage." Niall pointed out.

"I told my mom I was making you do a play. Tell your mom you got shoved a little too hard and fell. You tried to catch yourself, but hirt your wrists." Louis reminded him of their excuse that morning.

Niall nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Do you want to come over to my house too Louis? Harry and Niall will both be there." Liam asked. He didn't want to disclose the boy.

Louis shrugged. "Sure. Nialls mom will probably feel better about it that way too."

"Can I go ahead and take Niall there now? You can go home, But I Kind of want to talk to Niall." Liam suggested.

Louis shrugged. "Yeah sure."

He left Niall with Liam again, not because he was sure That this would make Niall happy, But because he felt guilty. Liam had uncovered Nialls secret within minutes of knowing him, while he had been oblivious for most of his time knowing Niall. Obviously, Liam was better about these thibgs than he was. So Louis left Niall with Liam.