𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

Her voice was so sweet. I lifted her up in my arms and said, "So Rabbit, what do you like to eat?" Her eyes widened at the mention of food. Her brother said, "Rudra, if you mention about food, that little devil will not leave you until you give her that." I smiled and asked, "Do you like chocolates?" She nodded saying, "I love chocolates, Ansh."

Ansh? Well, that's a new name for me. I mean, no one has ever called me Ansh. Rudra-Ansh? Oh, okay. Everyone usually calls me Rudra. My heart warmed at her special name for me.

I went to my desk and searched around to see no chocolates. Oh, today is my bad day. I looked guiltily at her as her eyes welled up.

I placed her down and said, "Oh, don't cry, Rabbit. I will buy you one right now, is that okay?" Her brother said, "Don't worry, bro, it's fine. She will stop crying when she finds something to play."

He picked her up, saying, "Come, let's go down." I nodded, following them down, but I felt so bad seeing her cry. I don't know why, but my heart kept paining to see her cry.

So, I dashed out of home to the nearby supermarket and bought a chocolate for her. Fortunately, I had money in my pocket which my dad gave this morning. When I went back home, I saw everyone eating at the dining table.

My dad shouted, "Where did you go, Rudra?" I bowed my head and said, "I went to buy chocolate for Ishitha, dad." Her mother said, "Oh, you didn't have to, Rudra, but it is so sweet to see you caring for her."

I gave a smile for her and went to my rabbit who was sitting with her dad and eating. I gave her the chocolate, and she asked me to bend down. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said, "Thank you, Ansh."

I am now ready to do anything for her to see that smile on her face. Soon, everyone there started talking and laughing. We all connected so fast, and when they had to leave, my little rabbit stuck to my hand and cried, saying she doesn't want to leave me.

But her dad said "He will come play with you tomorrow, Ishitha. Now be a good girl and come home," he said. She looked at me and asked, "You will come tomorrow, Ansh?"

I bent down and promised her, "I will come for you, Rabbit." She nodded, and her brother said, "Then see you tomorrow, bro." He high-fived me, and I nodded.

Just like promised, I visited her the next day, and we all played. Soon, the days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years.

After 15 years, now we are grown-ups. I am now almost 25. We were still inseparable just like as kids. And as the years passed, I realized I love her, I love her a lot.

So today is her birthday, and me and her brother planned a surprise for her. Aditya helped me in setting the decorations; he knew about my love since he was my best friend since kids.

I blindfolded her and took her to the birthday hall, where almost everyone was there - my dad, her parents, and some of our close friends over the years.

She whined, "Ansh, my eyes are paining, can I remove this now?" I said, "Wait for 2 minutes, Rabbit." I slowly opened her blindfold, and she took some time to adjust to the lights. Once she's done, she gasped, looking around.

The room is filled with photos of us since we were kids until now. She hugged me and said, "Thank you, Ansh. This is the best birthday ever." I whispered in her ear, "There is still more, Rabbit. I will take you there after you cut your cake." She nodded, giving me one of my favorite smiles of hers.

After the cake cut, she was now talking to the guests. I looked at Aditya; he nodded. So I went to her and said, "Can I take you out for a minute, Rabbit?" She nodded, and when we were about to go, suddenly I heard everyone screaming.