"7-Adam-07, coming west from Wilshire and Rimpau -- moving to intercept from the front,"

"Air Three responding. Heading west from Bell Gardens. ETA to your location -- approximately six minutes. Can you parallel suspect until I get eyes on?"

"Affirmative,"

"7-Adam-19, Maxwell and Pico. West of target -- waiting for him to pass," Mirana says into the radio as the truck drives past them. "Suspect just went past. Speed -- 50 miles an hour. We'll move to parallel on the north"

"Copy that,"

"Where did he go?" Mirana asks, looking for the truck.

"I didn't see him make a turn," Tim says. "Head on a swivel, he's probably taken an alleyway or a side street.

"7-Adam-19, we've lost visual. You got eyes on him?"

"Negative. We haven't reacquired visual," Mirana says.

"Air Three is overhead. Arriving on scene. What's the suspect's 20?"

"We lost visual. Pico, east of Maxwell. It's possible he turned off and headed either north or south,"

"Copy that. We're gonna orbit,"

Mirana and Tim both stare at the radio, waiting and hoping as their hearts ache in sympathy for the woman who had barely even held her baby before it was taken by the place it was supposed to be safest.

"Contact. Suspect vehicle now heading north on Livingston. Repeat, north on Livingston,"

"Copy. On our way,"

"Show 7-Adam-19, en route," Mirana says into the radio. "We're approximately three minutes away"

"Speed is approximately 65. Looks like he's heading for the freeway. Hold on - suspect just sideswiped another vehicle. He's lost control,"

"Oh my god," Mirana says, pressing a hand to her mouth.

"Hey, I know this is hard," Tim says. "But we need to keep our heads on, okay?"

"Yeah," Mirana nods.

"He just TC'd into a telephone pole,"

"Can you see inside the truck?"

"Negative,"

Tim stops the car and both he and Mirana run over to the truck before pulling on gloves and sifting through the piles of items in the back of the truck.

"Why did you run?" Nyla asks the man.

"Guns," Tim says, pulling a pistol out of the car.

"And drugs," Mirana says, pulling a baggie out of a pile of clothes. "But I don't think he took the baby. There's no sign that the baby was even here"

"If he doesn't have the baby, who does?" Nolan's college professor asks.

"We need to find out and fast," Mirana says. "A baby that young needs food and warmth, if someone has taken them and they don't understand how to care for them that baby may only have two maybe three hours before hypothermia sets in"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Cabrera, Harper, can you ten-three to a backup channel?" Angela asks over the radio and Mirana shares a confused look with Tim.

"Sure, go to 11,"

"I need you both to give me the reals on something," Angela says. "How difficult was it to go back to work after Lila and Isaac were born?"