20

The briefing room is full of the usual chatter as everyone comes in for their shift

The briefing room is full of the usual chatter as everyone comes in for their shift. Tim is sitting on one of the tables and Mirana is standing next to him as they talk in lowered tones.

"Are you coming to my place tonight?" Tim asks Mirana quietly.

"What if they follow us there?"

"They probably already know where I live," Tim shrugs. "No reason we can't still have our fun"

"I suppose you're right," Mirana smiles at him as she pretends to write on her notepad.

"Tim rode with Hawke back in the day," Bishop's voice startles Mirana who whips around. "Whoa, you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry," Mirana murmurs.

"So you rode with Hawke?" Nolan asks Tim.

"Damn straight. Craziest six months of my life,"

"Hmm. Nolan hung out with him last night," Bishop says.

"Hawke and Nolan?" Tim asks in disbelief.

"Oh yeah," Mirana nods. "They were basically joined at the hip at the Academy. Bonding over their shared love of old stuff,"

"The Beastie Boys isn't old,"

"They formed before I was born," Mirana says to Nolan.

"I was born before the Beastie Boys were formed," Tim says and Mirana gapes at him. "I wasn't even one"

"I don't mind that you're viejo," Mirana teases before walking over to sit next to Lucy.

"All right, everyone take a seat. Got some catching up to do," Grey says. "Let's go. First, let's congratulate Officer Chen for allowing her T.O. to finish his coffee before rolling their vehicle"

The officers in the room begins to laugh and clap as Lucy bows her head. As she tries to withold her laughter, Mirana pats Lucy on the back sympathetically.

"I see "training" is working out for you," Grey says to Lucy. "All right, more pressingly, the midnight shift was flooded with calls last night, and they left us with their mess. Let's get started. Our detectives are working a homicide in Larchmont Village, but there are witnesses that still need to be interviewed. Bishop and Nolan, you'll take that. And Burglary has got a search warrant that Patrol didn't get around to. Bradford and Cabrera, you'll take that"

"Come on," Tim complains. "Why can't Burglary serve their own damn warrants?"

"Because they don't have the vim and vigour you have, Officer Bradford," Grey says before dropping the file in front of Mirana. "This is yours. All the faces. Don't worry. I have pending calls for everybody! All right, let's go knock 'em out and show the late shift how real police work is done."

As they make their way to the patrol car, Tim glances at Mirana. "So are you coming back to my place tonight?"

"Sure," Mirana replies with a smile. "Just make sure your place isn't bugged."