46

Mirana sighs as she stares at the yellow piece of paper that has all of the arrests she needs to be able to take the six-month exam

"Auto theft, carjacking, ethical dilemma, meth possession, a false I.D., assault on a peace officer, and damage to city property," Mirana says, opening her first aid kit. "How am I going to get all of these in time?"

"We'll get them," Tim says. "Don't worry"

"Where-" Mirana roots through the bag. "How-"

"What's missing?" Tim asks.

"Vendajes," Mirana replies. "I used two yesterday, three on Monday and two on Saturday. I signed all the paperwork. Where have twenty-three bandages gone?"

"Hey!" Tim calls to the Quartermaster. "Where are the bandages for the first aid kit?"

"Officers have been using them for injuries when they get in from calls," The Quartermaster shrugs.

"They're not supposed to do that," Mirana says. "This is my first aid kit. To save lives while waiting for RA units. Are there any left?"

"Yeah, there's a box full here," The Quartermaster says. "You just need to sign this paperwork to say you've taken them"

"This is going to come out of my wages," Mirana sighs.

"No, it's not," Tim says. "They'll come out of the wages of the officers who used them. Now let's go get your seven offences"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana sighs when she pulls away from the man Tim had pointed her to.

"He's clean," Mirana says.

"I'm really sorry," Fred says.

"You're always carrying, Fred. What happened?" Tim asks.

"Oh, uh - Got my 30-day chip," Fred says, showing the officers his 30-day Narcotics Anonymous chip.

"Wow. Congratulations," Tim says.

"I feel bad I let you down," Fred says to Tim.

"It's all good. It's all good," Tim says. "Say hi to Wilma for me"

"All right,"

"You're free to go," Tim says and Fred walks away.

"You said he was a sure checkmark for drug possession," Mirana sighs, throwing her hands up.

"What can I say? He got clean. It's inspiring, actually," Tim says and Mirana glares at him.

"Well, forgive me if I don't appreciate the self-improvement arc. I mean, Jackson and Lucy at least have a chance with seven calls between them. But seven on my own?"

"Okay, people win the lottery every day, and with higher odds against them," Tim says. "There are 18 million people in the Greater Los Angeles area. We just need seven of them to break very specific laws"