34

As Jackson knocks on the door of Lucy and Mirana's new apartment, Lucy's face lights up with a big grin as she eagerly opens the door

As Jackson knocks on the door of Lucy and Mirana's new apartment, Lucy's face lights up with a big grin as she eagerly opens the door. Inside, Mirana sits comfortably on the couch, sipping a large glass of red wine and waving hello to Jackson.

"Come in, come in, come in," Lucy says to Jackson. "So, this is our new place. It's great, right?"

"Oh, um, there's a giant bloodstain on the rug," Jackson says.

"Which is how we're getting 25% off for the first year," Lucy grins, clinking her wine glass with Mirana's.

"Are you sure that's not because you're cops?" Jackson asks his friends.

"He didn't even know before he cut us the break," Mirana says. "He just wanted to get the paperwork done"

"Especially because we said we would take it as is," Lucy says.

"As is? Uh, you mean that -" Jackson stares at the blood stain.

"Oh, yeah. Which is why you're here," Lucy tosses Jackson and Mirana gloves. "You see, friends help friends clean up crime scenes. We'll get poke after"

"Okay," Jackson sighs.

"Thank you," Lucy says.

"Don't worry," Mirana says. "Tim should be arriving-"

A knock on the door sounds and Mirana walks over, opening it to reveal Tim who grins at her. Mirana hands Tim a pair of rubber gloves and he frowns in confusion.

"We got 15% off rent for it being a crime scene," Mirana explains. "It's now 25% off because we volunteered to clean the mess up ourselves"

"Is that-"

"Blood?" Mirana finishes the question. "Yeah, the gang member Ortiz stabbed? This was his apartment"

"Well, I bought wine," Tim says, showing Mirana the bottle. "Beer for myself"

"You ready to help me clean blood off of my walls?" Mirana asks with a grin.

"I'd only do this for you, I hope you know that,"

"I know,"

"Alright, team! Let's make this place shine!" Lucy declares, wielding a cleaning cloth like a makeshift flag. "Bradford, Cabrera, you are cleaning the blood off of the walls. West, you're with me scrubbing the rug"

"You are planning on repainting the walls right?" Tim asks.

"Of course," Mirana says. "Blood splatter isn't really the aesthetic I want for my living room"

"I can help you decorate your bedroom and maybe bless it," Tim whispers in her ear and she giggles.

"Only if you paint the room shirtless,"

"Deal,"

Mirana swiftly picks up two yellow sponges and a bucket filled with sudsy water, preparing to scrub the walls. Meanwhile, Lucy fiddles with her phone, connecting it to the speaker and selecting a playlist. The sound of upbeat music fills the small apartment, making the atmosphere livelier.

Mirana reaches for one of the two bottles of wine that Tim had brought along with him. With practised ease, she uncorks the bottle and tips it to her lips, taking large gulps of the liquid. The other three follow suit as Tim grabs a beer, Jackson and Lucy opting for wine. Mirana grabs a sponge from the bucket before she begins to scrub at the blood splatter on the walls.

"The things I do for you," Tim says as he begins scrubbing at the walls.

"Aren't I the luckiest?" Mirana teases.

"Damn straight," Tim nods. "Don't forget it either"

"How could I when you're here to remind me?" Mirana beams up at him.

"Hey, we're going out for food," Jackson says. "You two wanna come?"

"No," Tim shakes his head.

"You have an hour," Lucy says.

"Yes ma'am," Mirana salutes her.

Tim and Mirana watch Lucy and Jackson leave before Tim sweeps Mirana off of her feet, walking into Mirana's bedroom. The man kicks the door shut behind him before he moves over to the bed, carefully dropping Mirana down before he kicks off his shoes.

"You're eager," Mirana giggles.

"Can you blame me?" Tim mumbles before he presses his lips against Mirana's.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"They're not going to be done in an hour, are they?" Lucy asks Jackson as they exit the apartment building.

"Nope," Jackson shakes his head with a laugh. "You wanna crash at mine?"

"Definitely,"

"Come on then Chen, let's be lonely and sad together,"

"You had me at lonely,"