4

Mirana walks into the community centre, Isaac in an infant carrier in her left hand and his diaper bag slung over her right shoulder

"Mirana, hey!" Nolan grins at her. "You made it"

"You have a magic touch with my son," Mirana says, placing the carrier down before unclipping Isaac from the carrier. "I would really-"

"Of course," Nolan holds out his hands and Mirana carefully hands him Isaac. "Mirana this is James Murray, he runs the community centre. James, this is Mirana"

"Oh hey," Mirana shakes his hand. "I've heard about you, you're doing great things for your community. Your social justice campaigns are really interesting and inspiring"

"You follow them?" James asks and Mirana nods.

"Even though I put bad people away for a living, I want the scales of justice to rest evenly," Mirana says and James nods approvingly. "Are those your hijos?"

"Yeah, Aaron and Michael," James replies.

"Hey, can I put some bottles of milk in the fridge?" Mirana asks and James nods.

"Of course, go ahead,"

"Thank you," Mirana says.

Mirana heads to the community centre's fridge to store the milk bottles while Nolan entertains Isaac. As she returns, she notices Tim entering the centre with a large bag from the bakery where Nevin works.

"Hey, mi amor," Tim says, kissing Mirana on the cheek.

"Hi," Mirana smiles, relieved to see him.

"Sorry, I'm late. Had to deal with some last-minute issues at the station," Tim explains. "Then I went home, did a quick clean up, got changed and walked Kojo before I went to the bakery. Sasha and Nevin send their love"

"It's okay, Tim. We're just getting settled in," Mirana reassures him. "How are they doing?"

"Sasha's enrolled in community college to get her degree in engineering and Nevin's doing online courses for a business degree. The owner wants Nevin to take on a managerial role,"

"Oh, that's so great," Mirana says. "I texted Wendy to meet us here so she might show up later"

"Who's Wendy?" James asks.

"Oh she's a profesora de secundaria," Mirana says. "She teaches Historia"

"Hey, both of my sons are failing Spanish," James says. "Any chance you could give them a hand?"

"Si," Mirana nods. "Oh sorry, James this is Tim, Tim, this is James"

"Nice to meet you, man," James says, shaking Tim's hand.

"Likewise,"

"How did she convince Tim to come?" Nolan whispers to Lucy who is now cooing at Isaac.

"Because Tim is a big softie for her and Isaac," Lucy says. "I mean look at him"