Practice Makes Perfect

EXT. OLYMPIC ICE CENTER - MOMENTS LATER

Cory steps outside of the rink and feels the bitter cold hit his face. He takes a deep breath. The Village is filled with athletes starting their day.

Cory looks up at the slopes. The visibility looks pretty poor. He puts his head down and trudges toward his condo.

INT. CORY'S OLYMPIC APARTMENT - MORNING

Cory opens the door to his room and finds his coaches, DAVE and JEREMY, and the team's sports psychologist KAREN waiting for him.

CORY
Hey, I just need to lay down for a few. I'll meet you on the slopes in a couple of hours, right?

Dave shakes his head.

DAVE
Cory, have a seat.

Cory sits down. Jeremy leans forward.

JEREMY
We need to talk.

KAREN
We're worried about you.

Cory rolls his eyes.

CORY
Oh come on. I don't need a psych eval. I just need some rest.

JEREMY
Karen's helped a lot of team members prepare for this Olympics.

CORY
All good here.

DAVE
You're not going to win gold in your current condition.

CORY
So I had fun the first night? Big deal. I'll have something to eat and get some sleep. I'll be fine. You'll see.

JEREMY
We need some assurances so Dave here is going to be your new roommate. He'll make sure you eat, rest and get you to practice and therapy. Lean on him. We want to keep you healthy Cory.

CORY
A chaperone? Whatever. You're going to do what you want to do. 

He heads to his room.

KAREN
We're here for you Cory.

Cory slams his bedroom door. Jeremy, Dave and Karen look at each other, uncertain.

EXT. OLYMPIC ICE CENTER - DAY

Lainey and her Mom leave the rink. She waves to the Rink Guard.

LAINEY
Have fun at the parties!

The Rink Guard looks at her funny. Lainey looks at her Mom.

OLIVIA
How about some breakfast? I could literally eat my arm right now. And I need caffeine.