"AssalamoAlaikum Dadi Jaan, Ruhaan Bhai," she greeted both of them.

"Walaikum Assalam, Unaiza. How are you?" Ruhaan asked her, as usual in his gentle tone.

She nodded. "I am doing fine."

"Come Iza, sit with me." Nisha held her hand and made her occupy the chair next to her.

All the love that she was getting was so beautiful that it made her tear up. She would never turn ungrateful ever again.

                 ________________

Nisha's hands had magic in them that it was making her feel so relaxed. She was oiling in her hair and the way her fingers were moving in her scalp was all she needed to get rid of every frustration and worry. She just closed her eyes while feeling it.

"What have you done with your hair, Iza? They are so dry. Why don't you take care of yourself?" She informed her, as she lowered a few drops of oil from the bottle on her palm. Scattering it in between her both hands,  she again headed for Unaiza's hair.

"Because you are here to take care of me, Nisha Api," she chimed in happiness.

It was four days since she came to Sufiyan's Mansion. And today in the morning, Nisha had taken her to the lounge after seeing her alone again as everyone went to their school and office.

Nisha shook her head. "So means I need to invite you to my house so that I can take care of you because you don't do that."

She laughed out loud at this. "Maybe yes."

Nisha lovingly hit her head and her laugh just increased. "I just miss those days when we had our gang days. The laughter, the get-together, and the fun were what was so amazing about the past."

Unaiza turned around and squeezed her hand. Maybe Nisha still missed those cousin days. Even though the things were back to normal after a few years, they weren't as straight as they were before. She might have found love but she lost many important relations which were her strength in one way or another.

Truly life was unpredictable and you would never get everything you want from it.

"Let's do one thing," Nisha suddenly mumbled, snapping her fingers in front of her eyes.

Unaiza raised a brow in confusion.

"Tomorrow is Sunday. We will do some outing then. Ruhaan and the kids will be free too. You should remain prepared too," she told her.

She blinked in approval. "Sounds nice."

Nisha smiled. "Done then."

She again moved her fingers in Unaiza's hair while she shut her eyes, relishing the delightful feel.

                    ______________

It was after a long time, she again opened her diary. At first, she had closed its chapter because the one it was related to was becoming a stranger to her by every means. And she didn't want to start the new beginning like this. Nothing had changed very much till now. She still couldn't dream about having him but she didn't know why, she wanted to come across those pages once again.

They were her little secret which no one would ever know. Why should she hide her heart's state from herself?

Unaiza sat on the study table and flipped the pink diary. She had been keeping very older photos of Huzaifa in it as well. She moved her fingers on every picture that she had stuck in her diary. A page came in front of her and she stopped there.

January 25, 2024

My life was running on a mundane. I was so crazy. So idiot, stupid, and crazy. How could I do something like this? He called me a nerd for a reason because I was one. I dreamt and wished for something that was a way of what I truly deserved and had the right to.

Would an ugly duckling and Prince Charming ever have a happily ever after?

I knew the answer to this was a plain no. I was so unattractive to his taste. He would laugh at me for having feelings for him. He only considered me someone breathing in his house and someone only his mother asked him to take care of. Like a tongueless pet who was smitten by him and would do anything he wanted for him.

Today he proposed Inaya. The most beautiful, intelligent, and smart girl in our college in front of the whole college. Everyone was present there including myself.

She was looking so beautiful when he slid that ring on her finger.

I like the idiot I was cried so much once I was back home. When I looked at my simple and average-looking face in the mirror, my cry intensified as I compared myself to Hoor who deserved to be with that handsome prince.

My reflection was laughing at me and poking me by saying that who told you to have dreams like that?

Unaiza took a deep breath as a bitter smile came on her lips as she flipped over another page. 

He came to me that day and said he wanted to take me shopping for his girlfriend by saying that he didn't know what a girl would like.

The idiot I was became happy over this small thing because Huzaifa Tashfeen Malik had asked me a favor and given me his company. Wasn't it crazy yet miserable...

"Iza."

Someone barged into her room and called out her name causing her brutal to get stuck in her throat.

                    _________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

A new chapter.

Thoughts?

Do you think Nisha misses her cousins now?

Who came in the end?

Plz, vote and comment.  💙