17 | black tie

Y/n followed Levi out the stables and went to untie her horse. 

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Levi asked. 

"Getting my horse?" 

"Just ride mine. Get over here Cadet" Levi said. 

He had already mounted the horse and Y/n climbed on behind him her hands on his hips. 

"What if someone sees us leaving together? It is day time" she asked. 

"Let em' we're announcing  our relationship tonight anyways. Plus no one would dare question me" Levi said cockily. 

Y/n hated to admit it, but he was right. Most of the soldiers were downright terrified of Levi, whether they outranked him or not. They began to ride the horse along the grounds of the scout base when they saw Connie walking. 

"Oh hi Y/n!" Connie said. "Captain" he said, clicking his heels together and doing a salute.

"Why are you out here Springer?" Levi asked.

"Just tending to my horse, Sir." 

"I didn't know Jean was out here" Levi said. "Anyways, get to it."

"Yes, Captain" Connie said, before running into the stables. 

Y/n tried to suppress a laugh as they rode away finally exiting the military base grounds. The two of them rode for what felt like awhile until they reached the interior. 

"Let's find you something nice, shall we" Levi said, offering Y/n his hand and helping her down. 

They entered a small clothing store with tons of beautiful dresses on display in the window. Y/n entered the shop her mouth agape at all the clothes. She'd never owned anything like any of these dresses before. Levi immediately approached a store clerk and began explaining to her what he needed. Y/n was too distracted by all the beautiful garments to listen in on their conversation. All she caught was the tail end of it.

"So your wife likes purples and blues to bring out her eyes?" 

Levi didn't bother correcting her and immediately responded "yes, exactly." 

"I will show you what we have in that."

Soon enough Levi had an armful of dresses that were various shades of blues and purples. 

"Try these" he said, before handing Y/n all of them. She listened and entered the fitting room beginning to make her way through all the dresses. 

"Let me see" Levi said, from the other side of the curtain. 

"Fine" Y/n said. She showed him a few and he thought she looked beautiful in all of them, but she wasn't really feeling it. 

Y/n finally draped herself in a beautiful royal purple gown. It had a satin finish and hugged every one of her curves perfectly. She stepped out of the change room and Levi's eyes widened as he took her in. 

"You look absolutely stunning" he said, nearly breathless at the sight. He looked over to the store clerk. "We'll take this one." 

Y/n and Levi returned to the base with plenty of time. She still hurried off to fix her makeup in preparation for the event. It would be held in a large banquet hall style room on the grounds that they scouts used for assemblies. She did a simple makeup look that drew some attention to her eyes, but wanted most of the focus to be on the dress rather than her face. She slipped on the only pair of black pumps that she owned. Her parents purchased them for her to attend her grandfather's funeral. Either way, they would have to do. Y/n looked herself over in the mirror. She did her hair into a slick low bun with some money pieces at the front. She looked elegant to say the least. She barely recognized the person staring back at herself in the mirror.