It was almost impossible to describe the feeling, but all I wanted to do was to run away as soon as he turned to look at me.

His eyes were that of a shell of a person as they caused great fear and terror. He didn't even need to lift a finger, he only needed to direct his gaze at a person to make them afraid of him.

"I loved it." He responded, and then turned his gaze away from mine, staring at the tombstone in front of him.

I glimpsed around us and saw that we were all alone again. Kiara's grave was far from here because I had walked quite a bit, completely lost in my thoughts.

"You killed my friend, her name was Kiara." I said to him, ignoring the heavy rain and the thunder in the sky.

"And you will end up killing the things in your stomach, If you don't change your drenched clothes," He says, brushing aside my brief outburst as he finished smoking, throwing the cigarette on the ground.

I looked at my almost soaked clothes, and he was right.

If I didn't find shelter soon, I would end up with a fever, not only that, but I could cause harm to the twins, and I felt ashamed of myself at how careless I was with my health.

My hands were already in my pocket where a gun was inside as I went to stand beside him, but not too close, as his umbrella was protecting me from the rain.

Nikolai had almost no scent to him at all, even if he had smoked a cigarette, almost no scent of smoke lingered onto him, it was like he hadn't smoked at all.

My eyes drifted to the tombstone in front of us, as there was no name or date on the stone as it seemed to be an empty grave, patiently waiting for the dead to be buried.

"Did you bury somebody in there?" I pointed at the gravestone because this could be the place he went to dispose of the bones.

"No, I don't like burying dead people, It's a waste of nourishment." Nikolai commented as he lowered his eyes to the ground by his shoes, where the cigarette was, as my gaze followed his.

I had seen many cigarettes and cigars, but this one looked different.

From a distance it looked the same, but closer it looked different in a way I couldn't put my finger on.

"That cigarette looks different from the others." I blurted out.

"You have been paying attention?" Nikolai said as we gazed at the cigarette on the ground.

"Yes, it looks thinner but longer."

"That cigarette was made by me." He explained while pulling out another cigarette from his pocket, and my gaze drifted now to the cigarette in his hand.

"What did you use to make the cigarette?" My interests had been piqued.

"Ashes from the people I tortured."

Nikolai always keeps on surprising me as I was unable to speak. I didn't even know what I was supposed to be saying in this situation.

"Who was that person?" I got the courage to ask him.

"You mean the ashes inside this cigarette?" He asks, showing to me the cigarette between his slender fingers that slightly a few scars on them.

"Yes."

"This person was somebody who didn't want to pay up their debt, and the only thing I could collect was them," He says, as I stared at the cigarette between his fingers, and I understood why he didn't smell an awful lot of smoke.

He was smoking the ashes of the people whose bodies he burned.

"Here's my first gift to you, Rose." He pushed a few straws of my drenched blonde hair behind my ear, then he put the cigarette on my left ear.