32. ENGAGEMENT

Adhira's POV

To say I'm happy would be a major understatement. I've been high on dopamine since this morning and after his not so simple proposal, I'm on the verge of an overdose.

I'm still stunned by the amount of red I'm seeing around us and it explains why he cancelled red from my list of lehenga colours. If I wore it then I would've blended with the venue.

But that's not the point, the point is that I clearly remember telling him to keep it simple and if this is simple in his dictionary then I'm really afraid I might get scared by the wedding. It's all too much, but I know he won't budge on this.

I've seen the glimpses of the past Shiv these past few days and I'm not saying it because I miss that one but only because it's good to reminisce with him. There has been more than a shadow of the eighteen year old Shiv these past few days.

" Here, your food. " I heard Arvil speak as he landed on the chair beside us. The caterers arrived just behind him with the trays of food and settled them on the table.

I looked over them once and I knew he had changed nothing from the menu I had sent to him.

He took my clutch and settled it on the table before twisting my chair to face his. " What are you doing? "

" You've looked at them enough, now I need my fair share of your attention. " He grumbled and a smile formed on my face, " You're going to have it for the rest of your life. "

Even thinking about it makes me giddy.

" That's good but I'd like to start now. Got any problem with that? " He asked and I shook my head, " Nah, how dare I? Continue... continue "

After a minute of what seemed like an eternity but also only a second, I finally succumbed to my awkwardness, " Am I supposed to just look at you? "

" Well I'll be happy with that but you need food. It's tiring to smile at everyone all day. " He said and I saw him placing all my favourites on the plate.

" It's not, I'm happy. " I said, not even a bit of a lie in my words, I can't stop this smile even if I want to and to be honest, I don't want to.
" So am I. " He said and I squinted at him.

" Then why don't I see you smiling at anyone? " I asked, only because I wanted to tease him and he understood, " That's because, as I said, it's tiring to smile at everyone all day. "

" I think you're smiling right now. " I remarked about the ghost of a smile lifting his mouth, as it soon turned to an actual one, " I said everyone, not you. "

" I don't come in everyone? "
" You don't, I could smile at you till the day I die. " He said and my hand went to his mouth of its own accord, " Don't speak nonsense. "
" Alright alright, let's eat now. "

I had thought that the plate he had arranged was for me but when I tried to take it from him he took it back, " What are you doing? "

" That's what I should be asking. " He asked, his eyebrows raised in a smirking way I could never do.
" I'm taking the plate, to have food, as you just suggested. "

" I said having it, not having it yourself. " He said and I scoffed, " Don't tell me you are going to feed me. "
" I am. "

My eyes widened as I stared at him, " You're not serious are you? "
" Do I look like I'm not? "

I looked at his face, trying to find any inkling of anything that might indicate he's kidding but I found none.

" You have your answer. " He shrugged and mixed the rice before lifting the spoon, which I stopped before it got any higher.